PDA

View Full Version : How long before ebay does something about this?

Archive
08-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>the illini</b><p>Unfortunately, I am sure this will not be up long...<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2746545031&category=31719" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2746545031&category=31719</a>

Archive
08-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><BR> Nice Work! I guess the crooks haven't complained yet. Tick Tock Brian

Archive
08-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>John is to be commended for his guts in doing this.

Archive
08-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe G.</b><p>But, I'd include some of the hardest hit card sets in the title for those that search as such. Something like "How to spot vintage fakes on ebay - N172 Old Judge, N300 Mayo, T206, etc."<BR><BR>Then I'd see this post when I search for "Old Judge".<BR><BR>Great idea, I hope it stays up for awhile. A variation of this would be to include this info during legit ebay sales.

Archive
08-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Posted By: <b>rob</b><p>Great job! Of course ebay will probably find a reason to take down your auction while leaving the bad guy's auctions alone. Ohhhh the irony.

Archive
08-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Posted By: <b>sweetguy28</b><p>Maybe ebay will take it down because it isn't selling anything and is slanderous?<BR><BR><BR>Who knows?

Archive
08-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Posted By: <b>keng</b><p>How could this be slander? You've never heard of that infamous eagle from Ohio with 8016 eyes? You've really got to do some educational type reading. I'm sure the listing fee has been paid, that seems to be all ebay is really interested in. What's for sale, at a great price I might add, is valuable information, people pay for that in the real, non-scammer world all the time. Have you ever heard of consultants?

Archive
08-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Posted By: <b>kenny cole</b><p>It isn't slander. If it were any type of defamation, it would be libel because its written. It isn't that either, because part of proving a libel case is showing that the statement in question is substantially untrue. Truth is an absolute defense. Since nothing that was said is even close to untrue, there is no claim. Period. End of story.

Archive
08-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Posted By: <b>n172_corcoran</b><p>Thanks to people reporting me including ebay user robwbright (robsoccer@yahoo.com,who amazingly buys reprint cards) the auction has been moved to an information category where im sure so many people will see it who bid on vintage cards. The auction will be ended shortly because ebay isnt getting any money from me.I am now boycotting ebay because theyre willing to move an auction that hurts their fake card sales but not willing to move reprints and cutouts out of the pre-30 cards category which they also dont belong in.

Archive
08-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>John--Why not do what the scumb-gs do-- offer a card, plus a handout on how to avoid being ripped off, as one lot? That way there is no way you can be moved out of the vintage card category. Be sure to make it a 10 day auction to get maximum play time.

Archive
08-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>I was actually thinking on running an auction with obvious fake cards,the usual sad story,and using the private auction, then whenever someone bid actually tell them what they were bidding on was a fake and tell them all the signs to look out for and then ending the auction early to avoid fees.....anyone else thik its a good idea because ill do it if no one else will. We would get to see who actually bids on these cards and at the same time warn people from doing it again

Archive
08-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>John--Have you ever considered the possibility that the fellow who reported you may be in cahoots with eagle8016. As a unit they might buy reprints, process them, and then market them on ebay. If you want to be a real detective I would suggest that you contact the people that he has bought reprints from and try to get his address. Wouldn't it be interesting if it is in southwestern Ohio? Might they be the same person with different handles?

Archive
08-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>Check out his feedback - this i.d. appears to have been set up just to purchase reprint sets. I would guess this is the source for either eagle, bellyflop, or harleyman - losers all. <BR><BR><a href="http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=robwbright" target=_new>http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=robwbright</a>