PDA

View Full Version : Other responsible parties who should contribute

Archive
08-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron&nbsp; </b><p>I firmly beleive that, as primary 'experts' listed on eBay, PSA, SGC and GAI have a responsibility to discuss this issue with eBay or published thier thoughts on these scams and scam graders. I am not suggesting that they boycott or do anything rash. I am merely saying that they should contact eBay and express their concerns (If they don't have any concerns on this issue, they certainly are not 'experts' on trading cards). I would also like to so see some mention of the issue in their publications or on their website. Their complete silence contributes to this problem and is a great shame.<BR><BR>I would also like to see Bill Mastro or Doug Allen contact eBay or make some other statment or act. Again, all I am asking is that they hae their thoughts on this issue heard, and am not asking them to do anything large. I beleive that, even with eBay, a contact from President or CEO of the most famous and respected sports auction house in the world (that, by the way, sold the PSA8 Wagner at eBay) would hold wieght.<BR><BR>I also expect Beckett and SCD should do something postive. I understand that MastroNet is eBay competition, but Beckett, SCD, GAI, PSA, SCD are not.<BR><BR>I will think it is a great shame if these groups who hold great respect and weight in the hobby do nothing, and I think that everyone else should think the same. Positive action on their parts will contribute greatly to the resolution to this issue.<BR><BR>All, I am asking is at least one email or phone call from these people and to eBay, giving support to this issue.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Archive
08-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>As you can tell, I'm very good at trying to boss people around. And, watching how my family reacts on a daily basis, I am well aware that my intructions are usually ignored.<BR><BR>To put my money where my mouth is, I will prepare a web page of smart buying tips for begginers and include it on my webpage. My site gets a substantial number of hits and usually for people looking for collecting resources and information, so I beleive it will be contributary.

Archive
08-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>don't hold your breath waiting for the grading card services to do anything. I wish Mastro, Lelands, Smolin, Slater, Hunts, etc. would do something but I am likewise not holding my breath...

Archive
08-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>the proliferation of crap on ebay is manna to grading services. After all, the graders will probably (ahem, PSA) catch the blatant forgeries that are the bane of our existence, or so the advertising will say. Why would they want to clean up ebay?