PDA

View Full Version : Why is PSA in this title?

Archive
08-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mckee</b><p>I am not a big fan of PSA but it is just wrong to associate their name with these junk paper cut outs when I know for a fact PSA would never grade this crap!<br><br><BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2746253782&category=31718" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2746253782&category=31718</a>

Archive
08-07-2003, 08:14 AM
Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>You are missing the major part of the auction,a 1990 leaf Dave Martinez graded PSA8!!! Do you know how hard it is to find a PSA graded Dave Martinez card? And better yet its an 8,not a 10 which would almost make sense to get it graded for.<BR><BR> By the way,who is the other guy in the auction? Why he is even mentioned in the same breathe as Martinez is beyond me.Dave had over 1500 career hits!

Archive
08-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Nickinvegas</b><p>Hello,<BR>Let me first say I do not condone the sale of these cutouts nor do I like the guides that are being ruined to make them. <BR><BR>I am however amazed by the 568 total positive feed back number. And a couple hundred of them are return customers. Is ignorance bliss for the buyers or is there a legitamate audience for these cutouts? <BR><BR>Nick

Archive
08-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian H.</b><p>The answer is that alot of people do searches with "PSA" as a search term. So putting PSA in the title is likely to get more people to look. People often do teh same thing with cards graded by the other services (they put PSA in the title to get included in more searches evenif the card is graded by SGC or, for newer cards, Beckett).

Archive
08-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Posted By: <b>julie</b><p>who hasn't seen the trailer on an auction title: "PSA" or "PSA?" or "PSA--" Think ebay cares? Nah...<BR><BR>

Archive
08-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>If you read the eBay listing rules, this expressly forrbidden. Even in the case where he has a PSA card in the auction, he not allowed to list the cutout and then place PSA in the title. By eBay rules, if they want to list PSA in the title, they have to mention the exact card that is graded PSA. The example they give on the site is "Handbag Gucci" and then selling a cheap handbag along with a Gucci lapel pin. This list this as a deceptive title. I report these auctions all the time. When you do, be sure to list exactly why it deceptive since I doubt eBay CSRs would know.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
08-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Posted By: <b>BigKidAtHeart</b><p>in THIS auction has a PLUS in the title right before the PSA.<BR><BR>so it is ADDING it rather than just "throwing it in"<BR><BR>the Title is clearly saying that it is blahblahblah PLUS a PSA Card<BR><BR>understand - <BR>I think this guy sucks and should be stopped, but <BR>the reason Ebay does not stop him is he is actually<BR>playing their rules to his advantage rather than breaking them.<BR><BR>edited to remove sig line