PDA

View Full Version : email asking for ebay user info.

Archive
07-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott&nbsp; </b><p>Hi everyone,<BR><BR>At first I thought this was the result of someone unscrupulously using an ebay loophole to mess with me the way Brooks did with Brian, but now I am fairly certain it is just another scam - I just received an email including the following, along with a link at the bottom. The sender i.d. was a legitimate ebay email, and the link appeared to be legit as well - if you click on the link it will ask for personal and c.c. info., with no url listed - it also pops up a legitimate ebay web-site in order to further confuse you;however, if you check the properties of the "give me all your data" screen, you will find that it has nothing to do with ebay.<BR><BR>We have discussed a number of ebay listings which make it obvious that many ebayers have iq's well below 80 - I wonder how many of them have fallen for this sort of thing? My guess is plenty. I am against government intervention unless absolutely necessary to protect the rights of the citizens, but this is a case where I think we need some help.<BR><BR><BR>SafeHarbor Pre-Suspension<BR><BR>Dear customer,<BR><BR>We regret to inform you that your eBay account will be suspended due to the violation of our site policy below: <BR><BR>* Misrepresentation of Identity (User) - Representing yourself as another eBay user or registering using the identity of another.<BR><BR>