PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use teletrade?

Archive
07-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Richey</b><p>Can anyone speak of their experience with them if they have used them?

Archive
07-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>Richey- I think a more pertinent question might be "has anyone ever WON anything on teletrade?" You don't know who is bidding against you, or what their bids are. I have had a couple of cards in which I was far and away the top bidder in the last minute of bidding, only to find I did not win the card. It is very confusing to use. If you put in a max bid, you can not bid again until that max bid has been exceeded with the result I have been edged again and again at the wire. It is way too much hassle for me and I am quitting using it.

Archive
07-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Posted By: <b>mrc32</b><p>I have bought from them once but found the cards to be overgraded- so I returned them with no problems. They even send an padded envelope with your purchase for returns.<BR><BR>I usually check out thier auctions, but have found the cards to be WAY WAY overpriced. My guess is that 75% of their auctions do not sell becuase they are so overpriced on opening bids. Therefore the same cards get posted month after month.

Archive
07-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I bought from them once and it was a great experience - all cards in SGC holders at great prices. I cracked most of them out. Since that initial purchase, I have never found few reasonable deals on cards I wanted, so after following Teletrade for about a year, I finally quit looking. I did notice that many of the cards I was watching DID actually sell, and at very high prices (dbl book for t206 HOF'ers in vgex condition). The reason might be the overgrading that you mentioned - some people might accept the grading and bid accordingly despite the scan that clearly shows the card is over-graded.

Archive
07-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Todd</b><p>no real complaints. I've usually won SGC cards--mostly newer 60's stuff. I did win a Boston Store Schalk CSA NM 7 that has a decent chance of crossing over to an 84, though proabably an 80. The Topps cards I won were all underpriced, or certainly not overpriced. The Schalk was $160 wo/ the juice, which is a little higher than book but I felt well worth the risk. I also just won a Collins-McCarthy reprint set, primarily for the hell of it, but also because i did not know there was such an animal, and as I am more than 190 cards away from completing the original set, I thought it might be a useful tool and surrogate.<BR> They used to ding you for separate shipping even when you won multiple lots, which at five or six bucks a pop adds up if you're bidding on $25-$30 Topps lots. I don't believe they do that anymore, but you may want to check before you bid if that's a factor. They are professional, and ship promptly and securely. You'll probably have to sift through a lot of stuff to find something you want/must have, but I for one don't mind the exercise.<BR>