PDA

View Full Version : No Repo???

Archive
07-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Elliot&nbsp; </b><p>How could anybody have been fooled by this auction:<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2741467068&category=53&rd=1" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2741467068&category=53&rd=1</a><BR><BR>The darn reprint even says reprint on the back. How could the buyer not have seen it. Having said that the seller is very misleading in his listing---I'm assuming when he says "no repo" he's referring to the signature. Does anybody know if the signature looks authentic?

Archive
07-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>His title says NO REPO. I guess that means that card was not aquired thru the repossion process. <i>shrug</i><BR><BR>Jay

Archive
07-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I'm assuming he was referring to the signature, though the clarity of his definition had much to be desired (How about 'Chas. Gehringer hand signed 1933 Goudey Reprint').<BR><BR>An attractive Gehringer signed reprint is a nice autograph, but not worth near the final bid. $30-40 is a decent price range as a buyer.

Archive
07-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Thinking about it, I must say I'm rather mystified as to why the seller offered all those close-up shots of the back. If he was trying indicate it was a reprint, he could have saved the time and money and said "This is a reprint." Once its understood that it's a Dover reprint (e.g. the card itself is worth 15 cents), no serious bidder needs a variety of closeups of the back ... If, on the other hand, he was trying to prove it was 'Not a Repo', he should have looked at his own scans .... Who knows, perhaps his maze of obscure talk and strange scans was puposeful.

Archive
07-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>it says "Gelasso REPRINT" I wouldn't have known. What<BR>was he thinking of? Whatever it was, it worked, didn't it?

Archive
07-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I got the real thing autographed at about the same time as this one (blue sharpie, same ruler-assisted signature) when Chas. was around 88 or 89. I understand it was one of the last private signings he did. <BR><BR>Maybe when the buyer gets pissed that he bought a signed reprint, he will want the real thing.