PDA

View Full Version : Very important information- please read!

Archive
07-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>There is a company in Nebraska which is running a huge scam and might affect you, it did me. Any time you buy anything over the phone, there is a real chance your credit card number might be relayed to these cretins. Whether you or the wife orders anything from an Infomercial or possibly even something on the Internet or in cyberland, there is a chance your credit card number may wind up with these despicable idiots. When we received a charge for $149.95 from MWI Essentials, we had no clue. My wife assumed I had purchased a card on line, I assumed she had bought something on line, but it was a charge for our being enrolled in a phantom travel/dental/health service which we knew nothing about and which provides no service nor goods. MWI Inc. or MWI Essentials (no relation to Mike Wheat cards nor Mike Wentz) tacks it on the old credit card bill without your knowledge in the hope that you will pay it without investigating what the charge is. Sadly, there is no telling how long I have paid in the past (hopefully never) because I normally don't check the bill that closely because in a two income house where each spouse charges stuff, you sometimes don't. <BR>BOTTOM LINE- PLEASE check your credit card statements to make sure you don't have no one these boogers on your account. It is affecting many thousands of unwary card users. For more information, go to the Yahoo search engine and type in MWI Essentials and the place will light up like a horrible rash as consumer after consumer has been deceived by the surreptitious scam. I have sent letters to the Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General of Nebraska and MWI itself, along with my VISA account holder. This is a travesty and these %#&holes need to go to jail for what they are doing. But then again, most of the Enron guys skated, so these guys probably will too...