PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for an article?

Archive
07-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Jon Canfield</b><p>Hello all... I'm looking for some suggestions here. After talking with Don Betz, I will be writing an article for the VCBC on cigarette and tobacco packs. However, with this subject being so broad, I was hoping to get some of your suggestions as to areas of focus. Anything specific you can think of? With the number of tobacco sets, it would be impossible to try to touch on them all in an article, and I would have a heck of a time narrowing them down (picking and choosing which to include) myself. Again, any ideas the board has would be much appreciated!

Archive
07-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Posted By: <b>julie</b><p>but I guess it wouldn't leave much room for writing. How about limiting the article to the most recognizable of 19th century packs, etc., with maybe a couple of examples of really rare ones? Since VCBC is VINTAGE and classic baseball collector...<BR><BR>You could do two articles: next issue, do the same thing for early 20th century packs.

Archive
07-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Posted By: <b>JC</b><p>How-about if you plug this board, as an easy way to learn and contribute on those cards. The more educated buyers helps us all!

Archive
07-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Posted By: <b>david</b><p>i was actually going to start plugging this board on any auctions that i run on ebay. hopefully that will lead to novice collectors visiting the site and becoming educated about all the fakes on ebay

Archive
07-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Nick</b><p>John,<BR>First of all I think your book is great.<BR><BR>As far as an article goes, I would focus on those packs that contain T206 cards. The T206 set is widely popular and even novice collectors are somewhat familiar with it.<BR><BR>If the article could cover:<BR>*Which packs may contain cards?<BR>*What are the odds of those packs that should contain cards acutually having one?<BR>*Is a pack of Uzit(or other rare backs)Cigarettes as tough to find as a Uzit back card? <BR>*And lastly everone always wants to know "how much is it worth"? <BR><BR>Just my opinion...<BR><BR>Nick