PDA

View Full Version : enough already; let's get back to cards

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw&nbsp; </b><p>I think it is time we get back to vintage card discussions instead of policing ebay. It seems to me that the best way to do this is to gather all of the info that people obviously have with respect to these fraudmeisters and turn it over to the authorities. I am willing to bird-dog this matter and find out exactly who should be receiving the complaints--maybe Operation Foul Ball's prosecuting attorneys in San Diego or the folks who went after WIWAG would be interested in a case that spans several states and involves a lot of money? Maybe if the Justice Department gets involved in this area of mail/wire fraud, these sellers can be shut down and prosecuted like the autograph forgers were? <BR><BR>Anyone with hard info on the perpetrators of the ebay frauds or scams, please respond to this post. By hard info I mean records of names, addresses, telephone numbers, transaction details, communications, records of payments, etc. If you see new materials that appear to be fakes, please save the listing info and images too, so they can be printed out later and evaluated by the authorities. Please also gather all of your communications with ebay on these matters. Whenever you make a complaint, print the email and the response from ebay. Perhaps the DOJ can force ebay to change the way it handles these complaints in the future, since ebay rarely does so itself. <BR><BR><BR><BR>

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>This is the best forum available for gathering knowledgeable people in the hobby, and also for novices to learn. But if we want our hobby to be clean, then we have to do periodic maintenance. If not us, then who?

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>CHRIS</b><p>I HAVE HARD INFO THAT YOU PEOPLE EMAIL BIDDERS AND TELL THEM PEOPLE ARE SELLING FAKE CARDS WHEN THEY ARE NOT FAKE. I HAVE HARD INFO THAT PEOPLE ARE TAKING THINGS INTO THERE OWN HAND AND ACTING LIKE AUTHENTICATORS, THUS LEGITE SELLERS ARE LOSING MONEY BECAUSE OF THIS. WHAT ABOUT THAT?

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Unless you are one of the scammers then you would try to help too. Mistakes will be made but that is very rare in relativity to the number of fraudulent people selling fakes on ebay. The justice system is not perfect and neither are we, but the alternative is anarchy..... !! I agree with Adam that enough is enough too....let's burn 'em.....regards all

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Posted By: <b>CHRIS</b><p>I HAVE NO PROBLEM INFORMING PEOPLE. MY PROBLEM IS YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE. YOU DONT KNOW THE PERSON, PERSONS HISTORY, REPUTATION, NOTHING. THE SITE IS NOT THE PROBLEM, CONTACTING BIDDERS VIA EMAIL, AND SLANDERING A SELLER WITH NO BASIS IS THE PROBLEM. I WISH I NEVER HAD THIS STUPID CARD. I WISH A FAMILY MEMEBER DIDNTPASS AND FORCE ME TO SELL THIS FRIGGIN CARD. AND IN A TIME OF GREIF I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS! I AM VINDICTIVE AND READY TO KEEP MY NAME AND REP CLEAN. IM NOT A CHEAT AND WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP. THIS SITE IS NOT THE ISSUE. THE ACTIONS OF YOU PEOPLE OFF THIS SITE ARE!

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I'm getting bored with his "ALL CAPS" ranting and raving - call your damned lawyer please and quit talking about it. Then reach up your shorts legs, un-wad your panties and move on!

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>aww i almost started feeling sorry for Chris,i had this pain in my stomach,my eyes started welling up but then i realized it was just gas and moved on... BUT it is hard to argue with his point tho,if he wants to make money cheating people,he should be able to,he was obviously cheated out of an education so he deserves it....you go chris and dont worry about morals you wont need them where you are going

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Chris, you still have yet to provide one shred of evidence that anyone from this board contacted anyone. You have been asked to provide this evidence and have yet to provide it. A copy of the email with headers would be nice. That we can trace the email to make sure you are faking the email.<BR><BR>You accuse members of this board of doing something yet you have yet to provide a shred of evidence.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Todd (nolemmings)</b><p>You have made your point. Feel free to do what you believe you have to do. I'm glad you recognize it is not the board that's the problem. If your card is legit--and I form absolutely no opinion on the subject-- then I hope you realize a handsome price for it.

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:51 AM
Posted By: <b>CHRIS</b><p>NO PROBLEM JAY HERE IS TOO EXAMPTS: To member: you-see-it<BR>From member: mressay@hotmail.com<BR><BR>--------------------<BR><BR><BR>That ty cobb card is a fake. Here is a link:<BR><BR><BR>AND AFTER TALKING WITH ME THE POSTER WENT BACK ONJ WHAT HE SAID TO THE GUY:<BR><BR>To member: you-see-it<BR>From member: mressay@hotmail.com<BR><BR>--------------------<BR><BR><BR>Hello,<BR><BR>I mistaken this seller for another one offering a similar cobb. This is genuine.<BR><BR>WOULD YOU LIKE MORE OR DO YOU STILL KNOW EVERYTHING?

Archive
07-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Isn't the sender of the message one of the scammer we unearthed. If this is the case Chris you own a HUGE apology to ALL the members of the board!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR><BR>Do you have a name of the sender of the email?

Archive
07-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Posted By: <b>CHRIS</b><p>HE POSTED MY CARD...............JAMES ROBBINS. AND THEN HE BID ON IT TWICE LAST NIGHT AFTER HE STARTED ALL OF THIS. I DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO ANY OF YOU, NOR DO I KNOW ANY OF YOU. BUT I AM GETTING CRUSHED ON THIS SITE AND ON MY AUCTION(IN PRICE) BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS.....HOW ABOUT THIS EMAIL FROM HIM: From: "James Robbins" &lt;mressay@hotmail.com&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;To: &lt;ctruppi@tampabay.rr.com&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 10:30 PM<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; So it looks like one big confusion? I thought you were<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;yankeeman....jesus.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; I apologize man. Why didn't you say you were not yankeeman in <BR>&gt;the<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;first<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; place? That is who we have all been harping on...him and<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;ohiotarheelfan.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;From: "truppi" &lt;ctruppi@tampabay.rr.com&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;To: "James Robbins" &lt;mressay@hotmail.com&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:28:40 -0400<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;oh, looky here, i emailed someone from the message board and <BR>&gt;this<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;was<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;there<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;responce when i asked about there comments<BR><BR><BR>THIS GUY THOUGHT I WAS SOMEONE ELSE AND I GET TOASTED FOR IT. WHATS UP MAN!!!

Archive
07-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Posted By: <b>John</b><p>how is the seller of the T205 Cobb you-see-it is high bidder on,still on ebay! They have 15 bad deals out of just over 100! I notice all of their responses to bad feedback are in CAPITAL LETTERS too,hmmm ..... their feedback alone should be enough of a reason not to bid. High dollar item,bad feedback,too good to be true???!!!! i might just have to bid myself

Archive
07-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>You are getting toasted for it beucase you are acting like a classic scam artist, giving all the same types of responses that they give. As gramps used to say, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
07-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Could someone kindly post a link to this auction? thanks.

Archive
07-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2740305156&category=31719" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2740305156&category=31719</a>

Archive
07-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>This card looks real to me. Who would think to fake the tobacco stains on back? I do see the white MW is talking about but the corner wear looks ok and not as if it were done all at once. Seller seems ok too, actually, I have this marked to hammer at the end. I won't pay the $610 MW did buying that red background gem. The T205 Cobb seller's other auctions are all new stuff but I guess that doesn't really matter either. I just sold all of my Army crap at the same time as some E cards last week.

Archive
07-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Posted By: <b>B Hodes</b><p>Chris ("CHRIS") -<BR>Although I hate to say it. you would probably get maximum return on your Cobb if it was graded by SGC?PSA/GAI. Many buyers are always suspicious where high end cards (regardless of condition) are being sold.<BR>

Archive
07-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Posted By: <b>chris</b><p>bro, all i did is list the auction and 2 days later i have 5 emails telling me im a chaet. i didnt know about this site until i got the link off one of those emails. so whats up? you guys contacted me!

Archive
07-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2740872737&category=31719&rd=1" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2740872737&category=31719&rd=1</a><BR><BR><BR><br><br>real or memorex?

Archive
07-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I don't know about the rest of you guys but his feedback rating is TERRIBLE, whether the card is real or not his response to the whole situation reenforces the negatives he got from his auctions. I personally would not be on his auctions because of his poor feedback.<BR><BR>Chris you also need to get off you retail kick. If you think you should get retail prices open a store up and quite your whining. <BR><BR>Someone may have done you wrong (the jury is still out on that) but your constant whining is just reenforcing why any of us should not bid on your auction. There are plenty of T205 Cobbs in that condition that come up on ebay.

Archive
07-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Jon Canfield</b><p>ALL SALES FINAL!!!!