PDA

View Full Version : Old Judge Day on eBay

Archive
07-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Posted By: <b>deadballera</b><p>So how did everyone do ? The seller did very well and the buyers looked to pick up some decent cards at decent prices.<BR><BR>I picked up 3 cards<BR><BR><BR>I know a few regulars here got a bunch of them.

Archive
07-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Trevor Hocking (snider4prez)</b><p>WOW that was a long day of bidding. I ended up with 12 cards for what I thought was a great price. I was very amazed on how high and low some cards went for. The HOF'ers went kinda low considering recent auctions. The rarities went very high, but hay when it comes to rarities the sky is the limit. It was fun to see Jay and Keith duke it out on the tough stuff. Jay and Keith definitely pushed me around a lot, but hay alls fair in love and Old Judge's. I think the seller did very well over all. 251 cards for $62,000+ about $250 a card. Sounds pretty good if you say it that way, but you have to remember there was a lot of rough cards in the lot. Any ways it was very educational even for the most advanced collector. I would probably expect to you will be seeing quite a few new SGC graded Old Judge's on Ebay in the few month's. I'm very happy with what I won. I would like to see who had all the new handles on Ebay come forth, but I know that won't happen. I have my suspicions, but it would be nice to see who won what. My Ebay handle is (snider4prez) Come on everyone fess up.

Archive
07-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Baxter</b><p>I was very surprised to see some of the high prices that some of these cards ended up going for, considering that many of the cards basically hovered at the mid to low grade level. Overall this lot was great for anyone looking for collector grade OJ's with decent eye appeal. There was a good selection of desirable HOFers and rare cards to bid on and I hope everyone on the board got a crack at 'em. My ebay handle is new_england_league and I happily ended up with my one card from the lot: Nat Hudson, St. Louis.

Archive
07-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Posted By: <b>JC</b><p>Hey everyone, my handle is husband-of-tammy and I don't own to many N172's but I love to bid. With all the action going on I ended with both Keefe's (which will give me 3 different variations), 2 Brownie Champs Latham and Gleason, and Slattery who I have no idea who he is. I have no idea if I did good, average, or bad on my buys? But it was fun to bid!! I told my wife, the seller must be refreshing his computor every ten seconds or so... Oh well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Archive
07-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Posted By: <b>BcD</b><p>for a humorous photo

Archive
07-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Posted By: <b>deadballera</b><p>I picked up these.....<BR><BR><BR>1888 E. O'Neill Old Judge Card <BR> <BR>1888 Gus Krock Old Judge Baseball Card <BR> <BR>1887 Pebbly Jack Glasscock Old Judge Card <BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR>

Archive
07-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Rob (ramram)</b><p>I've been enjoying reading the great wealth of information on this site for the last couple of weeks and thought I'd try a post. I pulled down seven cards from the auction from the $70 - $130 range. Couldn't pull the trigger to keep up with some of the big guns. Bt the way, another post was asking the question about where these came from. I asked the seller if "this was just a "find" from an old estate or was it from the estate of a collector that past away?" His response was "from an estate of a couple that went to auctions for years and bought anything and everything that caught their eyes".