PDA

View Full Version : e120 team variations

Archive
08-04-2002, 09:29 PM
Posted By: <b>rmacpa</b><p>while not addressed in scd or any other publication that i have come across, it would appear that e120 team variations do exist. when a player changed teams during the life cycle of the print run (which appears to have extended into 1923), the american caramel company retained the original team name on the face of the card, but changed the team checklisted on the back of the card to the player's new team. the traded player did not actually appear on the checklist appearing on the back of his these variations.<BR><BR>one example of an e120 team variation is the two different cards issued for lee meadows who played with philadelphia (nl) when the e120 set was originally issued in 1922, but was traded to pittsburgh (nl) during the 1923 season. all but one of the meadows cards i have come across have a philadelphia (nl) team name on the front and philadelphia (nl) checklist on the back. the one card which did not, however, had a philadelphia (nl) team name on the front and pittsburgh (nl) checklist on the back. psa has authenticated this card and i have no doubt as to its authenticity. there is a west coast collector who has a st. louis player with a washington checklist on the back.<BR><BR>that said, i was wondering what other examples collectors may have come across.

Archive
08-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>I don't know anything about it but it sounds really interesing. It would be interesting to figure out how many of the players changed teams during that time and try to find the variations. <BR><BR>Regards

Archive
05-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Brett Domue</b><p>Has anyone ever looked into which players were affected by this?<br><br>Brett Domue<BR>okeedokee@pipeline.com<BR><a href="http://members.aol.com/METSBWD/wantlist.htm" target=_new>http://members.aol.com/METSBWD/wantlist.htm</a>

Archive
05-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>I've seen this topic raised before. It might be that the examples cited are merely wrong-backs, which plague almost every card issue ever printed. However, if a few more examples could be verified that show the back checklist from a player's correct "new" team, coincidence could be ruled out. More importantly, does anybody have a wrong-team back on a player who did NOT play for that team?

Archive
05-31-2003, 11:53 AM
Posted By: <b>JamesWalkerJr</b><p>I have created a list of players that changed teams during the 1922 and 1923 season.<BR><BR>The list only includes players that are in the E120 set.<BR><BR>Please email me if you would like a copy of the list.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>James Walker, Jr.