PDA

View Full Version : Help with M116

Archive
05-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw&nbsp; </b><p>I recently purchased a blank-backed M116 (Lennox) that looks to be obviously hand cut and looks to me like it is missing at least one layer of color (looks like the only color on it is yellow). Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Archive
05-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Offhand, as I haven't seen it, it sounds as if you might have a printer's scrap. Meaning a misprint that was disgarded by the printer and rescued from the trash bin. It's also possible, though much less likely, that it's a proof (personally, I've never bought the argument that a card proof has to have those four little crosses).<BR>

Archive
05-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Brett Domue</b><p>I have a couple of blank backed M116's that are thicker than regular, and have a lot more green on them. I have always assumed these were from some sort of advertising poster.<br><br>Brett Domue<BR>okeedokee@pipeline.com<BR><a href="http://members.aol.com/METSBWD/wantlist.htm" target=_new>http://members.aol.com/METSBWD/wantlist.htm</a>

Archive
05-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>BRETT, <BR><BR>VERY GLAD TO HERE YOU CHIME IN, YOU HAVE SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE OF MANY,MANY ISSUES. MOST OF THE POSTS HERE ARE NOT COLLECTOR ORIENTED, BUT, "HE SAID, SHE SAID" OPINIONS. WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE FROM YOU.<BR><BR>NICE TO SEE A THREAD WITH CONTENT AND NOT ONGOING PISSING CONTESTS BETWEEN FRINGE PLAYERS, WHO ARE NOT COLLECTORS OF SUCH ISSUES.<BR><BR>ANYONE OFFENDED MAY PERSONALLY CONTACT ME BY EMAIL AT THE LINK ABOVE OR CALL 817-688-9499 OR COME TO MY TABLE AT THE NATIONAL, WHERE YOU WILL SEE MORE VINTAGE CARDS THAN ANYWHERE ELSE! AND GET TO MEET ME IN PERSON. I WILL BE GLAD TO EXPOUND ON ANY TOBACCO OR CARAMEL ISSUE. <BR><BR>BY THE WAY IT'S ALL IN CAPS SO YOU CAN ALL READ IT.<BR><BR>SCOTT<BR><BR>

Archive
05-25-2003, 12:13 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>is the same thickness as a regular issue but is obviously handcut. It has only the yellow coloring. You know, it is a real shame that the mfg. did not issue the set as black and white portraits. Without the "pancake makeup" the images are really striking.