PDA

View Full Version : Beware

Archive
05-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>There may just be an alien among us....<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2727758882&category=31719" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2727758882&category=31719</a><BR><BR>On a serious note, it bothers me when a seller does not mention a serious flaw in a card like this one. Oh, he mentions the crease, but not a word about the correction fluid eyes. Sure, the scan clearly shows this defect, but what if the scan doesn't appear for whatever dang computer reason? I would hate to bid according to the description and then have Matty giving me a blank stare when the mail came in and I opened the package. Even on such an obvious fault as this one, shouldn't the seller be obligated to provide this information?

Archive
05-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Nick</b><p>Brian,<BR>Thought I would pipe in on this one!<BR><BR>The seller provided a picture & a grade(F-G). The damage to the face of Christy is just one more aspect of a Fair/Good condition card. I think the picture not appearing would be the exception not the rule. I wish there was a picture of the back(many sellers overlook the back). <BR><BR>As a seller if I took the time to describe every element of every flaw, I would never get anything posted. <BR><BR>To sum it up, I feel satisfied if I am provided with a clear picture of the front(back)and a grade.<BR><BR>Nick

Archive
05-06-2003, 09:00 AM
Posted By: <b>julie</b><p>Mention everything except the card's main fault--I think Matty's eyes are HORRIBLE! An d what if my computer wouldn't download his scan?<BR><BR>I can remember discussing a T202 for 15 minutes over the phone with a very reputable dealer. As you may know, there's an awful lot to discuss about a t202 (more than 5 inches lengthwase, and 2 1/2 high--or more), especially if you're putting out a good chunk of change. So I agreed to buy it, and sent the money. When it arrived--no bottom border! I mean, none! I called him and he said, "I don't believe we discussed centering." (he did give me my money back). But see--it was the card's most obvious fault, and because I neglected to mention centering, he did too!<BR><BR>Brian H, don't wrack your brains--it's not you!