PDA

View Full Version : Please Help?

Archive
04-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Posted By: <b>John&nbsp; </b><p>I recently for the very first time left negative feedback for a person. The seller doctored his scans and misrepresented his items. I tried for months to resolve the issue, after many rude and threatening emails from the seller. I left very polite and to the point complaint feedback about my items. Now the seller as left me negative feedback calling me a liar and nut. How do these comments have anything to do with me? I paid the seller for these items on time, when I received the items not as described I have tried for months to resolve the issue. I was under the impression that the seller was only able to respond to his complaint not give retaliatory feedback to my Ebay slandering me the buyer. Have any of you guys ever had a situation like this? Here’s a copy of what went down.<BR><BR>My NEG feedback to the seller on the two items after many attempts to correct.<BR><BR> <BR>Complaint : Item received did not match description at all. Card had pit on left border.<BR><BR>Response by Seller - The buyer did not Email me a complaint. If he wanted, he could have had a refund<BR><BR>Complaint : Card had crease not EX-MT in any way. "No Tears or Folds" =Creases???<BR><BR>Response by Seller - The card did not have creases! How come he did not Email me with complaint?<BR><BR><BR>This is what I got to my feedback profile. He responded to my complaints then placed these gems in my feedback area. For the items I paid for in full on time months ago.<BR><BR>Complaint : All sellers beware on this nut. He definitely does not know card grading!<BR><BR>Complaint : All Ebayers beware of this user. He is trouble from the word go! A LIAR!<BR><BR>PS. Not that it matters but I have been collecting for around 25 yrs. Thanks for reading this mess any help would be great. I get the idea Ebay does not care at all about the buyers only the sellers.<BR><BR>

Archive
04-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Nothing personal, but, unless there is substantiating evidence (images, original auction description, etc), it is impossible to judge a situation from one side's story.<BR><BR>It is wise to keep all relevant information relating to an auction or sale (download the eBay page, save emails etc). This way, substantiating a discrepency between the seller's description and the actual item should be straightforeward. I keep all relevant records to the items I buy. It takes seconds to save or print out an eBay auction page. For me, this is less a matter of potential conflict resolution, than of keeping records for my future reference-- whether it's to remind myself how much I paid, proof of provenance or because the seller provided useful information about the auction item.<BR> <BR>

Archive
04-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>the bigger jerk the commentator. When I see ad hominem attacks in feedbacks like this, I usually assume that the screamer is the thief. I'd just respond intelligently to the comment with the facts and leave it at that. The only alternative is to refuse to leave feedbacks at all, which I often do if I don't feel like taking the hit.

Archive
04-15-2003, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>You also have the ability to respond to the responses he left to your feedback as well as respond to the feedback he left. Hopefully you kept all the emails from the transaction and simply state that the you have copies of the emails you sent in complaint about the cards and will gladly offer to forward them to anyone interested.<BR><BR>Until a transaction is completed, I always make a point of keeping all emails involved in a transaction until I've gotten postitve feedback. I still have all emails that involve the 2 jokers that left me negs.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
04-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Posted By: <b>mrc32</b><p>Most of us that have gotten a negative feedback got it from somebody like this. My only neg was on a 53 topps Spahn. Seller said in the listing that there were no creases in the card. Card arrives and there is a crease. I ask for refund and he says no refund is possible (which was NOT listed in the auction). I neg him saying the card is not as described. He retaliates and says that I creased the card and was trying to get it replaced. To this day (several years later) I still am amazed by his comment. Why in the world would I have done that? <BR><BR>All negs suck...just move on and chalk it up to a bad transaction...

Archive
04-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff M</b><p>John,<BR> After 90 days you are no longer allowed to leave feedback for someone.If you do not want the neg. given to you and you feel that it is the right thing for you to leave. Leave it for them on the 89th day or if you are really good at counting down the time do it hours before it would expire.I have only done this once to an idiot just like this and did not feel I should get a neg. after I paid on time. Jeff