PDA

View Full Version : Did this go cheap?

Archive
04-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens&nbsp; </b><p>Not sure on the market value of this, but if I had the money, I would have paid more than $1500 for this item<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4120&item=3216404074&rd=1" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4120&item=3216404074&rd=1</a><BR><BR>Jay<BR>

Archive
04-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>the second series book has much worse players than the first series book. Without the big names, the break value on the lot isn't all that great nor is the complete book value all that great. Still, I don't think anyone would lose in the long run if they paid $1,500 or so for it.

Archive
04-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>when you list it in the "wrong" category. If it had been listed in the vintage card section in sports memorabilia, it would have gone for at least $500 more.

Archive
04-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Posted By: <b>jay berhens</b><p>Anyone that buys these albums to 'break them up' needs a good maiming. To me, it's on the same level as what Roy Huff and associates do to guides.<BR><BR>While it is true that there are fewer ball players and fewer 'name' players, the album is much rarer than the first, just as the n29/43s are rarer than the n28/42s.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
04-04-2003, 09:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Jay is correct that this Ginter album (A17) is much rarer than the earlier Ginter album (A16). The A16 is by far the commonest of all the tobacco albums that include baseball players. The one advantage that the A16 has, along with the better player selection inside, is that the cover is superior as it shows John Ward and Jack Dempsy against a beautifully ornate design. <BR><BR>The A17 album just sold was a fine example, with minimal wear, intact and what perhaps is the orginal binding ribbon. I think many of the albums are undervalued. Still, the winner of this one seems to got a fine example at a nice price

Archive
04-04-2003, 11:01 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>It's not in the wrong catagory, just not in the catagory that could have gotten it most bidding/money.<BR><BR>A good example of how important a catagory is, the last group of auctions I did listing my Indian/Wild West cards. I listed them in the Militariana section, and got more bids, views and higher bids than listing it where I usually had, in the non-sports and culutiral:Native American sections.<BR><BR>Jay