PDA

View Full Version : Old Judge Sheet on Ebay

Archive
04-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller&nbsp; </b><p>I have watched with interest the bidding on this ebay item. At the current level (about $6500) I think the bidding has exceeded the value of the sheet but yet it has failed to reach the seller's reserve. I make this statement based on what Old Judge ad pieces, with pristine uncut sheets on them, have sold for at auction over the last five years. I also find it interesting that the high bidder on the sheet is from New Brunswick, Canada and the seller is also from New Brunswick, Canada. I never realized that New Brunswick was such a hotbed of Old Judge collecting.

Archive
04-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Correction--The high bidder is not from New Brunswick; the bidder who cast the prior four bids is.

Archive
04-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2720250271&category=31719" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2720250271&category=31719</a><BR><BR>The seller always has a huge selection of pre-war Hockey cards in various conditions. I have not seen him list too many vintage baseball cards before.

Archive
04-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Posted By: <b>david</b><p>this looks to be the same sheet that was offered in the dec lelands auction.

Archive
04-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>What did the sheet in the Leland's Auction sell for?

Archive
04-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Posted By: <b>JC</b><p>That's the crazy canuck. I won a 33 Goudey set for 8000- and he said he mailed it to the wrong address. Then he said they lost it. He then refunded my money. I said I don't want my money back, I just want the set, since it was promised to someone else. He also informed me the money was for a sick kid. On the sheet, he e-mailed telling me that if I won it, I would recieve it, this time. He also told me he would stop the auction if I wanted to buy it for 25,000 Ya Right! No thanks and good luck to anyone that buys it! Make sure you use your credit card!

Archive
04-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Posted By: <b>botn</b><p>Stay clear of this seller. He is a perfect example of why being a Power Seller on eBay means nothing. I know several people who he still owes thousands of dollars. He rarely will return telephone calls and e-mails and when you do he has every excuse lined up. Refunds, when they do come, can take awhile.<BR><BR><BR>Greg<BR>

Archive
04-02-2003, 06:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy Leiderman</b><p>Sold for $22k back in Dec.

Archive
04-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>Volume 1, copyright 1983. And has appearing LORD KNOWS HOW MANY auctions since!<BR><BR>I'm actually getting a little tired of it, speaking as an Old Judge collector...

Archive
04-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Posted By: <b>gfg.com</b><p>After winning two 1933 opc hockey sets on ebay, and calling the CRAZY CUNUCK, I was told of a huge deal he was about to buy, and he presold me another $15,000 worth of cards, a deal that "sounded to good to be true"<BR>Guess what... It was. After not getting the cards overnite as agreed, I got more excuses than Carter has Liver Pills. Fortunately, I paid with a credit card, and after bugging and threatening him for a month, I finally got credited. I probably would not write this, but I was promised as soon as he got the cards back, from god knows where, He was still going to sell them to me. NEVER HAPPENED!<BR><BR>Suggest if you win something of high value from this guy, get him to ship first, and pay with a credit card!<BR><BR>Dave

Archive
04-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Posted By: <b>xxxxx</b><p>xxxxxx

Archive
04-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Don't know who made that post about the glare (not that it's a bad post), but it wasn't me. I just woke up from a nap. And it wasn't my brother either as our IP numbers are almost the same.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
04-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Card was pulled from ebay after going over $20,000 but still not reaching the reserve. The high budder was waittilnextyear, followed closely by freemanh. Anyone else smell something resembling the Fulton Street Fish Market on a warm summer afternoon?