PDA

View Full Version : Most Frustrating Day on Ebay

Archive
03-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Yesterday had to be my most frustrating day on ebay. I was the underbidder (2nd place) on three great items:<BR><BR>An Uncle Jacks Chuck Klein<BR><BR>A Honey Boy Tris Speaker<BR><BR>And most painfully of all, a fantastic 1943 Negro League scorecard commemorating Satchel Paige day, with a nice picture of Satchel pitching on the cover, and even an ad for WWII war bonds.<BR><BR>I can't imagine I'll be seeing these again any time soon, particularly the Paige item. Maybe FKW (who outbid me on the Honey Boy) can make me feel a little better by telling me that he bid several hundred dollars more than me so that I didn't really "almost" win it. Or maybe one of you can tell me that they were all forgeries so I was lucky to lose.<BR><BR>Have any of you had any days where you just missed on this many nice items?<BR><BR>Paul

Archive
03-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>For every item I get there are probably two or three that I miss. My absolutely worst one, though, was a very rare N-type card that I got sniped on at the last second. I signed up for sniperware after that, just so I wouldn't have to sit through the experience again.

Archive
03-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff M</b><p>As nice as the sniper ware is in making it easy to forget about bidding or when you are unable to bid.I used it on a auction when I was not at home,it was supposed to bid with 10 seconds left in the auction.Well it bid with about 20 seconds left and the underbidder on the auction was able to get in a bid with 1 second left and ran the price of the auction higher.Yes I did still win but it cost me more than if I was able to do it myself. Jeff