PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know drumback 2?

Archive
03-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>He sold me a T205 Nee that is so full of original artwork, he should have called it something else and taken it to a gallery. I've asked if I can return it, but I'm not holding my breath.<BR><BR>Nee is one of the 12 minor leaguers in ther T205 set; the card is well-known for the beautiful sunset in the background; it's not scarce, but lists for $260--I assume becasuse of the minor league, not the sunset.

Archive
03-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>I think I believe him.

Archive
03-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Posted By: <b>leonl</b><p>Hey Julie,<BR>The borders are more ornate on them (obviously). You really didn't say for sure, is this card you have all marked up? Did someone try to "fix" it maybe? best regards

Archive
03-06-2003, 03:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>..alot of them look like they're decorated by hand. For insatance, all the Newark cards Mark Macrae has have a gold stripe that goes 1/2 inch down the left hand side. Mine (Nee) goes 1/2 inch down the RIGHT hand side. There are 4 or ficve features of my card that are not symmetrical. Both Mark and Mark (Peavy, the guy i won the Nee from) say they are all typical of T205 minor leaguers. So nobody done me wrong, after all.<BR><BR>I only had 2 T205s, a Duffy and a Tinker. I attribute this to my having been involved for nearly 20 years in collecting T202s, which are very similar on the ends to T205s. (No, I haven't been working on one set for 20 years; i finished one set, had to sell it, and now have 95 cards on set number 2. It was more fun the first time around).

Archive
03-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Posted By: <b>ockday</b><p>I just got them today..also minor leaguers. They look OK to me. I am sending them off to PSA so I will see what they say as far as alterations go.<BR>Alan

Archive
03-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>and do they know the difference anymore?<BR><BR>Sorry, don't jump all over me. I've had a LOOONG day.

Archive
03-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>And I too am sending them in to be graded. Only diff is I am sending everything to GAI for now on!!!

Archive
03-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Posted By: <b>BcD</b><p>T-Bob gave em the thumbs up for a reference!