PDA

View Full Version : New project: pre-1900 team photo index

Archive
02-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I am working on a list of all pre-1900 professional team photos, (and possibly non-card players later) with detailed descriptions of each. I plan to start with auction catalogs, listing the auction and lot# where the item was sold. This is not so much an exercise in cataloging items as it is an effort to make it easier for people to locate images of pre-1900 teams - I spend a lot of time digging through auction catalogs looking for photos and it would be much easier if I had an index. It would also help you decide whether or not to buy some of the catalogs on ebay, or you could post asking for someone with "catalog x" to please send you a scan of "lot number x".<BR><BR>Of course, I don't own all the catalogs, so I will need help. If anyone wants to volunteer to help out, please send me an email. Help will be necessary in order for this project to fly, but I want to make sure that all the entries are consistent and that people aren't duplicating effort. Thanks!