PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on this card?

Archive
02-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott&nbsp; </b><p>Was there that much variance in size on these? I have never owned one this short, but maybe I've been lucky - the seller says that all of his are this size: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2711629618" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2711629618</a><BR><BR>Just curious

Archive
02-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I am sure they are all of that size once trimmed. Doesn't look right to me on the top and bottom. Of course, with a crappy blurry scan, it's hard to tell for sure.

Archive
02-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Todd (nolemmings)</b><p>The card is short on top, probably on bottom too.<BR>Todd

Archive
02-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>it is trimmed.....and should be advertised that way...although I don't know for positive I would probably bet on it....best regards

Archive
02-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I saw the auction when it was first posted and thought that top definately looked trimmed. I only have a few e95 and the top and bottom boarders are much wider.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
02-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>I have a lower grade but untrimmed example from this set that measures 2-21/32", or 1/32" oversize (according to the catalogues) on the heighth. Just because a card measures correctly, doesn't mean it hasn't been trimmed. Just looking at the scan this card looks funny--razor sharp top corners and slightly rounded bottom ones. I believe the seller knows that the card is trimmed, which is why he mentions the 2-5/8" measurement. It's called anything for a few extra bucks.<BR><BR>Brian

Archive
02-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>...the seller does not mention the 2-5/8" measurement in his description, but infers this when he states that the card measures correctly.<BR><BR>Brian

Archive
02-19-2003, 10:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>Is legally blind! ( no joke! )<BR><BR>sold a Cicotte E-94 trimmed a few weeks ago he advertised about four times ( which should always be a warning* )<BR><BR>returns cards he buys for no good reason.<BR><BR>Has the Vintage card knowledge of a gnat!<BR><BR>

Archive
02-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Charlie</b><p>I'm no expert but I thought the E95 set was from 1909...not 1910 as in description...looks cut to me.

Archive
02-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Geez, tough room.

Archive
02-20-2003, 01:54 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>If you aren't at least in your late 30's you might not have gotten it. I did....but as you said...just glossed over it.....oh well.....regards all....or arogato nay

Archive
02-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Posted By: <b>BROOKS</b><p>GEE I RECKON I SHOULD FEEL DULY CHASTISED BY BRIAN DANIELS STRONG REMARKS,AS THIS COMES FROM A LOUD AND FOUL MOUTH LITTLE PONY TAILED HIPPY RETARD THAT:<BR><BR>1. STRUTS HIMSELF IN HIS FATHER-IN-LAWS GOOD FORTUNE<BR><BR>2. HAS MULTIPLE EBAY I.D.'S<BR><BR>3. CANNOT USE HIS OWN EMAIL ADDRESS BUT USES HIS WIFES?<BR><BR>4. OPENLY SOLICITS DOCTORING CARDS <BR><BR>OH YEAH I'M REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS TYPE OF CRITICSM. BETTER STERT WATCHING YOUR WINDOWS BEFORE YOU START CHUCKING ROCKS LITTLE MAN

Archive
02-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Brooks, nice of you come out and take shots at BCD, but how talking about the topic at hand. You have enough hobby experience to know that caramel cards have a wide range of sizes and just becuase it measures 'correctly' doesn't mean that card can't be trimmed, and that is what is at issue here.<BR><BR>Care to address that instead?<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
02-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Posted By: <b>BROOKS</b><p>YEAH JAY LET'S TRY TO PUT THIS ISSUE TO REST OR GIVE THE HEN HOUSE SOMETHING ELSE TO CACKLE OVER.SCOTT BROUGHT THIS TO MY ATTENTION (ALBEIT CAUSTICALLY) A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO.I THOUGHT THIS CARD WAS ALSO TRIMMED WHEN I BOUGHT IT , BUT HAVE SINCE PURCHASED ANOTHER CARRIGAN WITH SLIM BORDERS AND HAVE PUT THEM UP AGAINST THE WIDWER (NORMAL) BORBER E95'S AND THEY HAVE MEASURED RHE SAME.THESE SCANBS WERE SENT TO SCOTT. WAS THIS AN OVERSIZED CARD THAT WAS TRIMMED? I DO NOT KNOW ALL I KNOW IS THAT I DIDN'T DO IT AS BCD SAID I REALLY AM LEAGALLY BLIND AND WOULD MAKE A MESS IF THAT I'M SURE.MY FEEDBACK AND DEALINGS WITH BOARD MEMBERS SHOULD REFLECT THAT I AM NOT OUT TO SCAM ANYONE AND MY 7 DAY RETURN POLICY SHOULD VERIFY THAT..............P.S. NO COMPLAINTS ON THE E94 CICOTTE CARD

Archive
02-21-2003, 06:10 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I notified you of this problem quite a while back, when I first started noticing you were selling trimmed cards. The Cicotte was obvious, as were several trimmed e-cards you were selling. AS YOU ARE QUITE AWARE - I thought someone had taken advantage of you and sold you a batch of bad cards - I WAS TRYING TO HELP! <BR><BR>You decided to react like a jack*ss, which is certainly your right. Now it's on the board. Good job Brooks.<BR>

Archive
02-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>1) I owned two Jewelry stores no doubt made more money in a fiscal year than you did in your entire life. I do not live in a trailer park in Tumbleweed Texas nor need to hunt and peck in "caps" because I cannot see what I just typed. You have never seen me yet I am 5'10 and weigh around 190lbs and DO NOT have a pony tail! YOU have never seen me thus you should check out your demented convelescent home gossip,Schnook! Whoever told you that is an idiot as you are for selling your trimmed up junk with scans having the brightness and contrast turned up to 300% because you are too blind to see the trimmed cards otherwise!<BR>2) I have exactly TWO handles that everyone knows of. One I use to now sell and one I use to buy with. many,many people do it and it in boundries of e-bays rules.NO probelem with that.<BR>3) I use whatever e-mail happens to be open to use on whatever computer is available depending on where I am. Having children and more than one computer that too of course is common practice and has nothing to do with you having the Vintage knowledge of a gnat as other's demonstrate here.<BR><BR>4) one word,bologna! the fact that someone has knowledge of paper does not mean they spend time "doctoring" cards and to use your ridiculous own logic,YOU are the only person who has EVER returned a card to me!!! There are TWO others on this chat board woh have made the exact same statement. You make these stupid comments yet every week you BID on things I post! if you truly thought my cards were doctored,you would not do this but then again being legally blind I guess you might. How does a blind person buy or sell cards anyway?<BR><BR>The fact that someone did not return the Cicotte does not dispell the fact it is trimmed and you sell trimmed cards! I guess it outr of need to suppliment the medi-cal. I'm sorry you one again got caught with your brail on the sidewalk Brook but us "hippies" (not) have lasic surgeried eye sight and experience to see these things.Nothing you wrote dispelled any of my thoughts.You just want to play."I am rubber and you are glue". But you sell trimmed cards and got caught.Feel free to prove to us anyone has ever received a doctored card and I'll send a $50 donation to the Helen Keller Foundation in your name! <BR>

Archive
02-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Posted By: <b>B C Daniels-hippie</b><p>From Scott Brockleman who ADVERTISED IT as trimmed and has 30,000 gobles X the amount of Vintage card knowledge as you do Schook! Soemone should have the high bidder send it in and confront you on your 7 day return smokescreen. Doooooh!

Archive
02-21-2003, 05:51 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>edited

Archive
02-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>Yes, very clever. It actually makes sense, too! I'll give you 7 out of a possible 10 points.

Archive
02-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Posted By: <b>BROOKS</b><p>WELL IF YOU WOULD TELL THE WHOLE STORY ABOUT OUR COMMUNICATIONS I THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER, BUT THEN AGAIN IT WOULD NOT SERVE YOUR PURPOSE. IT MUST BE A GIFT THAT YOU HAVE, THAT ENABLES YOU TO LOOK AT A SCAN AND TELL SOMEONE THAT HAS PUT A TAPE MEASURE TO THE CARD, THAT THEY ARE WRONG (OR A LIAR). I AM NOT SURE THAT I CAN AFFORD ANY MORE OF YOUR BENEVOLANCE. PLEASE MASTA SCOTT LET ME KNOWS WERE I CAN SEND SCANS OF MY FUTURE LISTINGS FOIR YOUR APPROVAL

Archive
02-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Posted By: <b>BROOKS</b><p>YOU GO BOY AS I AM SURE THIS WAS THE ONLY CICOTTE CARD PRINTED.TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T BUY IT SO YOU COULD CRY EVEN MORE.............OH MY WAS IT BOIGHT?..........GIVES YOU SOMETHING TO DO BESIDES SPONGING OFF OF FIL TO GET YOUR JEWELERY SYORES GOING

Archive
02-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Posted By: <b>BROOKS</b><p>I NEVER SAID THAT YOU HAD CARDS RETURNED TO YOU FOR BEING DOCTORED .........I SAID THAT YOU SOLICITED THAT PRACTICE ........AS YOU CONTACXTED ME A FEW TIMES OFFERING THAT SERVICE...................I WILL ALSO SAY THAT WHILE I AM NOT SAYING THAT THAT YOU AND OTHERS INVOLVED IN THIS PERSONAL ASSASINATION ARE CHICKEN SH** Y'ALL SURE HAVE HEN HOUSE WAYS....................P.S. I GOT THE DWSCRIPTION OF YOU FROM YOUR FELLOW BOARD MEMBERS AND WAS SO WAINING TO MEET YOU AT THE NATIONALS AFTER YOUR THREATENING TIRADE.............PLEASE DO ME THE FAVOR

Archive
02-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Posted By: <b>BROOKS</b><p>PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN RULER / TAPE MEASURE

Archive
02-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p> It's very much like 98% of your ads.A Highlight magazine where the reader is trying to find the correctly spelled word instead of the animal.Lay off the sauce in the Panhandle

Archive
02-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>lacking any form of reasonable sentence structure and syntax as well. Whoever described me to you is both incorrect.The whole subject matter of phenotype is a smokescreen for your trimmed up card selling habits! Scott Brockleman described the Cicotte as trimmed and you bought it and resold it as not! End of lie.End of story.My comments about your eyes pertain to card grading.Your comments are demented as you have never met me as previously stated. My offering to alter cards wasintended to tease you. It obviously worked.Stop writing in caps too.it will not help you make your illiterate points any clearer.$75.00 says PSA/SGC/GIA REJECTS the Cicotte. You degrade your fellow Texans ability to grade cards by disputing otherwise! Contact the buyer and tell him the bets on.

Archive
02-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Posted By: <b>B C D</b><p>read,(if you can)your own ridiculous and hypocritical post and turn the contrast down on your $39.00 scanner so we can see the trimmed obrders on most of your ungraded cards.Your actually an o.k. guy until you get caught with your pants down and then you go off on uninformed fluff. You bought the Cicotte AS Trimmed.Did you forget that? Did it become gradeable while in the mail on it's way to you? Why did you not send it in to realize another $200 for it? Oh!Because I'm a Hippie,that's why! That makes sense. Give it a break and go back to listening to Amos & Andy on the AM radio please.

Archive
02-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Posted By: <b>B C Daniels</b><p>Is that the measurements of the card have nothing to do with "our"(the 6-0 vote that it is trimmed-plus the ad stated such you bought it from)indications it is trimmed. It may measure but that will not explain why Scott Brockleman stated in his ad you plucked that the card was trimmed!!! Obviously there are other factors to validate this you do not know or understand Brooks.This leaves us back to my original statement of fact.Your Vintage card knowledge is that of a gnat.

Archive
02-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>But Brooks does not know the other six methods by which we determine trimming because gnats live in his head and there is no room for a critical thinking.

Archive
02-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>BTW - This gift for being able to tell when 1/4" of a card is missing off the top of a card, based purely on a scan, is one I inherited from my parents -it's called "eyesight". Apparently most of the other board members were fortunate enough to inherit this gift as well, as indicated by the responses to the initial post.

Archive
02-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>BROOKS</b><p>REGARDING THE ACCUSATIONS THAT I BOUGHT A CICOTTE CARD FROM SCOTT BROCKLEMAN I RESEARCHED MY FILES AND FOUND NO SUCH TRANSACTION. I CONTACTED SCOTT AND HE COULD NOT REMEMBER SUCH A TRANSACTION. THIS INFO WAS FORWARDED TO SCOTT FORREST AND AS OF YET I HAVE NOT HAD A REPLY. ALL OF YOU KNOW SCOTT BROCKLEMAN TO BE ONE OF THE MOST HONEST INDIVIDUALS IN THE HOBBY SO I WILL LEAVE IT TO YOU AS WHO IS THE LIAR IN THIS ACCUSATION. IT IS A SHAME THAT SOMEONE CAN USE THIS BOARD TO MAKE UNSUBSTANTIEED CLAIMS AND THAT OTHER PEOPLE READ THIS DRIVEL. I COULD ENCLOSE A VULGAR EMAIL FROM BCD,BUT WILL NOT AS IT SERVES NO REAL PURPOSE. THERE ARE SOME GREAT ITEMS ON THIS BOARD LIKE THE INFORMATION ON THE TEXAS TOMMYS BUT THE BOARD NEEDS TO RID THEMSELVES OF SOME OF THE MAGGOTS THAT WILL DESTROY IT WITH IMMATURITY . I BELIEVE I HAVE AN APOLOGY COMING BUT DOUBT THAT IT WILL COME

Archive
02-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Posted By: <b>B C Daniels</b><p>The card came from Scott and the fact you have no receipt from it coming elsewhere should provoke one's memory to reality.Scott had it for sale before you,period.YOU have no receipt from it coming from anyone else now do you? You sell lots of trimmed up cards and you know it! Also period! Reruns of All In The Family with your hero Archie Bunker await you on late night television.Enjoy it!

Archive
02-26-2003, 07:34 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>it was irrelevant blather - BcD said it came from Scott, I simply agreed that it was trimmed. I personally don't care WHERE you procure your trimmed merchandise.<BR><BR>Why are you still defending yourself? We've all seen the scans, including your NM Carolina Brights card (that's a real beauty).<BR>

Archive
02-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>This is like when a 5-yr old gets caught pulling his sister's hair and his defense is that his brother did the same thing, or worse. Grown-ups don't defent themselves this way Brooks - they address the issue at hand and do something about it. In your case, I would suggest that you simply stop selling trimmed cards as "THIS CARD MEASURES CORRECTLY".<BR><BR>Another bit of info you might be able to use: when you say "measures correctly", you shouldn't believe that readers of your ads assume that you are implying "...with a variance of 10%".