PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have T203 Base Ball Comics cards for sale?

Archive
01-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Posted By: <b>George&nbsp; </b><p>Hello All--<BR>Great forum, glad I found it...I'm an avid N172 collector as well, so I plan to get involved with your discussions...<BR>I'm also piecing together the eccentric T203 Base Ball Comics card collection of 25 cards issued by Mayo Cut Plug and Winner Cut Plug right around the turn of the 20th century...does anyone have these that would part with them?? I'm especially interested in the Winner Cut Plug cards...<BR>Thanks and I look foward to hearing from all of you!!<BR>George (jjj1919-Ebay)

Archive
01-29-2003, 10:23 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Can't help you out, but they are a very cool set of cards. I owned a complete set at one time. For those not familiar with it, it is somewhat like Tobin lithos, in taht they take phrases from baseball and make comics out of them. My personal favorite is "Foul Ball" showing a chicken getting hit my a ball.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
01-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Welcome George. I too collect Old Judge cards and would welcome corresponding/trading with you. I collect by pose and have numerous extras to trade. I can be emailed at curl777@aol.com. Also, did you see the Barry Sloate auction that ends next week? It has plenty of Old Judge HOFers and the extremely rare Behel spotted tie. If you don't have a catalog you can get one from Barry by calling 718-855-7513. There is also a 19thcenturyonly auction that has some Old Judge that ends one week later. Information on the later auction can be found at their web site (19thcenturyonly.com).<BR><BR>Good Luck---Jay

Archive
01-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Posted By: <b>JimV</b><p>I recall seeing a few, none better than vg, in the last Steve verkman (Clean Sweep Auctions) catalogue. He may have them listed in the online store, as well. csauctions.com. He also has an auction that closes today, possibly check that.<BR><BR>This is not a plug. Just hoping to help.<BR><BR>JV

Archive
01-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Posted By: <b>George</b><p>Hi Jim...<BR>Thanks for the heads up...these little buggers are difficult to track down!!! George-jjj1919

Archive
02-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Keith O'Leary</b><p>Got my Verkman auction catalog yesterday and saw a couple of these (not in the best of shape, but I think $1 opening bid) in their next auction, 4 I think. I just looked, they end in 6 days George, lots 20-23 at about $10 each currently. Good luck, Keith

Archive
02-21-2003, 09:54 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Wow, $10 a card? The set I had was basically a throw in on a deal. The dealer was more than happy to get rid of it. Said they had been sitting around for a long time with no interest.<BR><BR>Jay