PDA

View Full Version : be careful what you wish for; you may not like the result

Archive
02-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw&nbsp; </b><p>I recently took advantage of the free listing day on ebay and posted a set of cards that I liked a lot but that I felt willing to part with for a sufficiently high price. The damned thing sold. If any of you are contemplating doing something similar, to test the bidding waters, don't. You may be surprised at the results. I'm majorly bummed right now and the four-figure check isn't gonna make me feel any better. Oh well. At least I still have my T206 collection.

Archive
02-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff s</b><p>I took advantage of the free listing day, and while people did grab a couple of my items at slightly higher prices than I thought they would sell for, I will be fully consoled by the four-figure check.<BR><BR>Though I must admit, Adam, that I've been there. All you can hope for now is non-payment...

Archive
02-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I took advantage of the fixed price freebie day and realized some insane prices on what did sell. I also got numerous offers that were close what I was looking to get for the cards. <BR><BR>I really hated seeing my SGC 70 N2 British error sell. But it sold for $300 and I only paid $8 for it.<BR>I am seriously considering selling the rest of Indian collection just becuase the market is so hot right now. I plan only the Geronimo, Sitting Bull and Red Cloud cards from each set.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
02-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>at the Hollywood Park show in LA for a song. I've always wanted some of the western cards--heck I go to the Gene Autry Museum of Western Heritage all the time. The Americana stuff seems to be heating up. It was selling well at the show.

Archive
02-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>If you are looking for any Indian cards, I still have plenty available for sale.<BR><BR>Jay