PDA

View Full Version : "Parting out" vintage albums, etc.

Archive
02-15-2003, 06:46 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott&nbsp; </b><p>Just wondering how others feel about this. Whenever I see a "book" of W601's or an A&G album up for auction, I know I'm going to see the pieces for sell on ebay in about two months. In a way it seems okay compared to chopping up vintage books, but on the other hand - there are far more copies of the 1910 Spalding Baseball Guide, than there are complete W601 books, or A&G Albums. Once parted out, these things can't be rebuilt...they're simply gone.<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2710749492&category=31719" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2710749492&category=31719</a>

Archive
02-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>Yeah Scott, I know how you feel. <BR><BR>I feel the same way about the sheet of T206 cards the PSA 8 Wagner came from.<BR><BR>JUST KIDDING!!!!!!<BR><BR>JUST KIDDING!!!!!!<BR><BR>It's slow at work and I couldn't resist the temptation.<BR><BR>

Archive
02-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Parting out albums is a seriuos pet peeve of mine since I believe things should remain in their original state. <BR><BR>I know many 19th century books are parted out for the beautisul chromolithographic plates and this was actualy discussed on a recent Antiques Roadshow I saw. I guy brought in a monsterous 19th book on fish. The apraiser said that they could get more money for it parting it out than keeping the book in tact, but that he personally would rather see the book left in tact.<BR><BR>Personally, I have an A&G American Indian Chiefs album that I am willing to sell for $450. I could get more for it parting it out. For me, the only good thing about people parting out albums is that I have been able to upgrade battered pages in my album to make it better looking.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
02-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>As most are bound by string or ribbon, these can be put back together, if only eventually.

Archive
02-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>and we split the profit! And you sell me the big Geronimo N36 you snagged from Scott Brockleman!!