PDA

View Full Version : And old topic with a new twist...

Archive
02-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Posted By: <b>MW&nbsp; </b><p><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2710280796&category=31718" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2710280796&category=31718</a><BR><BR><BR>I really can't agree with the label on this one. It's not a graded "tobacco pack" but a graded "pack <b><i>with</i></b> tobacco."<BR><BR>Is this safe to transport? Just how "lucky" will the winning bidder be?

Archive
02-14-2003, 12:30 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>That handle makes me twitch, but I can't remember why.

Archive
02-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I think that is one of the Art Van Dole affiliated aliases.

Archive
02-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>First, details of the tax stamp are not given in the description, so I am hampered in any attempt to date the pack. However, it appears that GAI has done some thinking and some reforming of the dating of packs on the label. While the dating may still be imperfect, it no longer carries the artificial and deceptive 1909-11 label. The seller is using the same old 'Honus Wagner might be in there' angle, but that's not GAI's fault. I think GAI deserves credit for making this change.<BR><BR>What this also shows is that it not aesthetically wise to have a tobacco pack hermetically sealed. Anyone who has stored an old pack or packs in a ziplock plastic bag knows this. You will end up with a little pile of dark brown dust on the bottom of the bag.

Archive
02-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian C Daniels</b><p>who actually "IS" PRO by the way. The same guy along with Gerry Moser who sold Nurse Koos his PRO MANTLE rookie and trimmed .bleached E-90-1 Shoe trimmed Joe Jackson card! To me, they are just the scumbags who reversed charges on a Visa after buying my Cobb T-206 w/bat psa(unaltered)6* because they knew the disputing of the charges for non-work related items would not be gauranteed by the credit card company thus I got scammed out of a card worth around $2200.00! I don't except Visa/mastercard or plastic any longer : )<BR><BR>Have a Nice day and drink Rollin Rock beer!!!

Archive
02-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>I recall at least two prior threads on this seller. In both threads, I believe that the general opinion was that undersized and possibly trimmed cards were being sold. I also recall writing something like:<BR><BR>Those who have a tendency to "neverpayfullprice" will inevitably find that they will "neverreceivefullsize"