PDA

View Full Version : T207 Cicotte

Archive
02-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Thomas</b><p>Hello,<BR><BR> I've been collecting the T207's for about a year now and have yet to see a T207 Cicotte for sale. From conversations here on the message board and other sources Cicotte is never mentioned as one of the rare/hard to find T207's...I've seen about 5 Weaver, 3 Rasmussen as well as a few Saier and Ragan cards for sale over the past year...but no Cicotte! So where are all the Cicottes?<BR> I was thinking maybe because of who it is anyone who has one doesn't want to part with it. But seeing the Weaver for sale a few times shoots some holes in that theory. <BR> I am also wondering if there is any card that is considered common or easy to find that T207 collectors here just can't seem to find?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Thomas

Archive
02-09-2003, 10:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p> I've seen the Cicotte, but not very often, and probably not in the last 2 years. When it is available, it sells for a lot, just like Joe Wood.<BR><BR> The pricing of Cicotte's cards is strange. His T-206 sometimes sells for the price of a common. But his T-205 and T-207 cards sell for more than many HOFers. My favorite card of him, the Cracker Jack, also sells for much more than many HOFers. I can't figure it out.<BR><BR> Another card of his that you almost never see is the M116. I saw one last week on ebay for the first time.

Archive
02-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>The old lists aren't applicable any more. I have talked to several collectors who are nearing the end of their sets and we all pretty much agree that you can throw out the books on scarcity. Cicotte was a troublesome card to find even before Black Sox Mania hit. There was a Cicotte on ebay, though, a couple of months ago, but I agree it is very, very hard to find.<BR>Rath, Donlin, Adams, Pelty, Downey and Bauman are 6 cards you don't hear that much about regarding scarcity but they are all 6 killers.