PDA

View Full Version : VCBC #7 - H.Wright article by Barry Sloate

Archive
01-27-2003, 07:57 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>Does anyone have a copy of VCBC #7? I know it's unavailable from Don Betz, but I would like to see the article on Harry Wright. I'm thinking about writing an article and don't want to duplicate any information, plus the "back issues" ad description implies photos, and I'm still working on the "H.Wright vs Asa Brainard" thing, and issue #7 might help. After viewing more images of the two, I'm even more convinced than ever that the picture in Verkman's auction is NOT H.Wright, but I am very willing to eat crow if further research proves me wrong.

Archive
01-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>you really do need to join SABR if you already have not. A recent topic on the SABR-L newsletter was Asa Brainard. Plus, The amount of info available thru SABR is just insane.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
01-27-2003, 12:48 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>Thanks. I really had very little interest in pre-1900 baseball until I started collecting cabinets. I also picked up a few pre-1900 publications and that hooked me. "If I Never Get Back" by Brock set the hook.

Archive
01-27-2003, 12:58 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>It has a photo from the book Spalding wrote in 1911, of Wright and Brainard together, along with Verkman's pic of Brainard. To me it is very clear that the Verkman cdv is actually Brainard, unless Spalding, who knew both men personally, lost his mind late in life and forgot who was who. Spalding also enlarges the picture of Wright shown on my web-site, again id'ing it as Wright. <BR>

Archive
01-27-2003, 01:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Scott--I think that when people wrote articles for VCBC Dennis Purdy would give them extra copies. I don't know if you are bidding on anything in Barry's upcoming auction but, if you are, you might ask Barry if he has an extra copy.

Archive
01-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>e-mail me address.