PDA

View Full Version : Due credit

Archive
01-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron&nbsp; </b><p>A while ago on this board there was a discussion about Leland's and I said I'd report on how my first puchase from them went. I received the item in in today's mail and was satisfied with my purchase. It is likely that I will bid in future auctions.

Archive
01-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>Other than misidentifying on of the cards in the lot I won (which ended up being a huge bonus for me), everything turned out well.

Archive
01-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>It is a suprisingly common occurance for me that the big houses misidentifies or omits important information concerning an auction lot, particularly if it's a group lot of esoteric items. Presumably, this is because they are in a rush to get the description written. More often than not, I benifit financially by their errors and omissions. In other words, I ain't complaining.

Archive
01-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>This should also suggest that consignors shouldn't just hand an item, especially if estoric and large in number, and hope that the auctioneer gets it right. The consignor should take the time to provide a detailed description.

Archive
01-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>came from lelands. But that was over 5 years ago. A 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers World Series Press Pin, and an exreme close-up of Joe Jackson's face (not an original picture--has a "Brace" stamp). With the horror stories I've heard (mostly dealing with shill bidding, withdrawing stuff from auctions, etc.) I don't go out of my way to bid in their auctions. But personally, I have no complaints.(they didn't know BEANS about the photograph, by the way...but I did.)<BR><BR>