PDA

View Full Version : GAI Grading

Archive
01-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p>Hi All<BR> I've never seen Psa or Sgc grade cards with creases EX, no matter how nice the corners or image appear. Have a look: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2701143693&category=31718" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2701143693&category=31718</a><BR> <BR> Be well brian<BR>

Archive
01-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>It could just be a surface wrinkle that does not break the surface of the card and the seller has stated it is a crease. From my understanding GAI is very big on the eye appeal of a card. The card has nice eye appeal (although it is a really small scan).

Archive
01-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>crease or 'wrinkle', when I got into that hobby "back int he old days", this was immediate grounds for a VG, maybe a VG/Ex just to be generous. <BR><BR>Jay

Archive
01-18-2003, 08:01 AM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>who bid on the slab itself, you might be able to get a nice card for a nice price and pop it out and stick it in your collection as a sharp VGEX Lajoie.<BR>I agree with the above, NO card with a crease is Excellent. PERIOD.

Archive
01-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Posted By: <b>B. Hodes</b><p>I have seen T202s graded EX 60/5 by SGC (recently, not old ones without the one digit grades) which have subtle wrinkles lines besides the two folds that came that way.

Archive
01-18-2003, 09:50 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>And my experience with the services has been that any card that originally came uncreased has received a vg-ex at best. I sent in a beautiful Dave Bing rookie (basketball) with a tiny hairline on the reverse (I didn't even notice it)--got a vg-ex. The only exception I have ever seen is, as mentioned in a prior post, a card that had a crease in it as part of the normal manufacturing. <BR><BR>I'm not impressed with GAI grading. The Zeenut O'Doul I bought with their ex grade was clearly overgraded since it was miscut, now this crease thing. It seems that they are too lenient with industry standards. I tell you, though, if things keep sliding for PSA, GAI may end up the #2.