PDA

View Full Version : Teletrad/Yahoo T206 Wagner

Archive
01-15-2003, 02:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron&nbsp; </b><p>An interesting afterstory to the April Teletrade T206 Honus Wagner PSA1 that was auctioned on Yahoo a week or so ago (refer to earlier thread). The card was not won at the Yahoo auction, but I was contacted by a man who said he was considering buying the card for the $30,000. He only initial worry was if the card was authentic, or could it be a reprint. I told him that the card sold in the Teletrade auction was likely authentic, but that the real question was whether the Yahoo auctioneer owned the card. I recommended that the potential buyer have the Yahoo guy prove that he owned the card. I suggested that the seller should provide pictures other than the one lifted from the Teletrade site, along with a copy of the invoice or cancelled check or provide confirmation from someone at Teletrade. I said that once this information is provided, then you can consider whether or not to buy the card and how it should be picked up. (I also asked why a guy would pay $54,000 for a card, that would likely sell for even more at MastroNet, so he could offered with a BIN of $30,000?) A day later, the potential buyer emailed me, thanked me for the advice and said he wasn't going to be purchasing the card.