PDA

View Full Version : New storage question

Archive
01-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens&nbsp; </b><p>I am in need of suggestions on how store cards in semi-rigid holders. I am looking for something that provides easy access and the ability to move cards easily as the cards will be sorted alphabetically by player name. Thanks.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
01-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff s</b><p>but if I'm on the right track, let me suggest "shoebox" style boxes that are designed to hold cards in holders. They are like the traditional "monster" 5,000-ct boxes and their kin, but are a little taller and wider, and are available with 2 or 3 rows. I also store most of my vintage singles in semi-rigid holders and need a way to continue sorting--it has worked great for me. I am able to get them at my neighborhood card store, though that's the only thing they're good for.<BR><BR>Jeff

Archive
01-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>I generally put most cards in CardSaver I's and store then in either a one-row Vault box or a two or three-row, oversized Shoebox. The best place I've found for ordering such supplies is Cardboard Gold (800-366-1425). For orders under $250, they have a wholesale web store: www.cardboardgold.com

Archive
01-12-2003, 08:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>you can get Mylar (acid-free, acid protective, no softeners-archival, in fact)) sheaths of all sizes from Mark Macrae, and archival sheets to hold the Mylar sheaths at Subway Stamp Shop, 1-800-221-9960, ask for Lighthouse Vario Stockpages, 2-pocket, four (to a side) pocket--etc. black or clear centered, 3 and 4 holes, then all you need is a three ring binder, which you can get from them, or your loocal dimestore.<BR><BR>I only use those semi-soft or hard holders if I'm mailing or transporting something.

Archive
01-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Good to hear they are making boxes with rows that can handle cards in holders. When I had my game and comic store, we sold 'pizza boxes' that had 5-6 for holding stand 2.5x3.5 cards, but not cards in holders.<BR><BR>I think I am going to switch tot he larger size Card Saver1, although I think the large size r-series cards are going to prove to be a problem and my need to be stored seperately.<BR><BR>Jay