PDA

View Full Version : VCBC

Archive
01-10-2003, 07:52 AM
Posted By: <b>david</b><p>has anyone gotten the new issue yet? it should have shipped last month

Archive
01-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>Not yet.<BR>1-10-03

Archive
01-11-2003, 04:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>With VCBC, you're getting 12 issues, not a year's subscription. If you exect things to arrive monthly, you'll be dissapointed. If you don't, you won't. I think it would be easier for everyone, if VCBC gave up the pretence of schedule. I gave up that ghost a while ago.

Archive
01-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>The problem is that many of their readers refuse to believe there is such a thing as a non-monthly magazine. Don Betz has been very clear, in my opinion, that he will publish issues as enough material is available - if you want one every month you probably should start submitting some articles.

Archive
01-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Scott, I know that we both have pending articles for VCBC, so we can act virtuous.<BR><BR>Having done a newsletter for almost 3 years now, I realized long ago that most people don't like submitting aricles. They're happy to read interesting articles, but writing isn't a source of enjoyment. It bugged me at first, then I accepted that that's the way it is, and don't even ask for submissions to my 'monologue' anymore.

Archive
01-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>...

Archive
01-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I'm not complaining. I think VCBC is a nice magazine and enjoy receiving it. I just refrain from setting my watch by it. I'd rather have untimely and good, than timely and bad.

Archive
01-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Wesley</b><p>I bought some back issues and think that the magazine is fantastic. Actually, there is no comparable publication out there. Beckett Vintage falls short. I learn a lot from Wayne and Peter's articles in Beckett and even some of the post-war articles are nice, but so much space is wasted on the priceguide section. It must be very difficult to fill up a magazine of that size with fresh articles every month or two.