PDA

View Full Version : Mastronet email recommending checking out upcoming Rotman Auction

Archive
01-09-2003, 08:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy</b><p>Just curious as to whether anyone else received a email from Mastronet regarding a cure for the post holiday, lack of auctions blues. Their solution was that we should check out the offerings from THEIR FRIENDS at Rotman Auctions. I'm curious if Mastronet will be using Rotman Auctions as a "low end" reseller in a manner similar to the Lelands and Scott Gaynor association that was recently mentioned in a previous post? Any thoughts?<BR>

Archive
01-09-2003, 09:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>That guy who left Mastro is over at Rotman now. That may be the tie. My experience with Rotman has not been good. I am interested as to how others perceive them.

Archive
01-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>I have dealt with Rotman for purchases, direct sales to them and consignments. I have found them to be excellent in all areas. They always graded my cards fairly and accurately and the cards I bought from them were IMO very well graded. When there was a problem they dealt with it quickly and efficiently.

Archive
01-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff s</b><p>I, too, have had positive experiences with Rotman, both recently and back when they did catalog auctions. For some reason, much of their stuff on eBay sells for less than I would expect... <BR><BR>On the other hand, the most recent card I bought from them came back from SGC as recolored. It was not advertised as such, and once I actually looked at it, it was pretty obvious. (I kept it anyway, still a great card at a great price.)

Archive
01-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>...

Archive
01-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian H</b><p>My experiences with Rotman were all fine -- I won several cards in Rotman auctions over the years that I thought were accurately described. The customer service was also very good.<BR>

Archive
01-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Posted By: <b>kyle lentine</b><p>Does anyone have the rotman website address??

Archive
01-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p><a href="http://www.rotmanauction.com" target=_new>http://www.rotmanauction.com</a>/

Archive
01-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>had a feature called "Logrolling In Our Time" that tracked celebrity endorsements of each other's books, films, restaurants, etc., to show what a corrupt bunch of butt-sniffing back-scratchers the celebrity endorsers were. Maybe we need a similar feature here?