PDA

View Full Version : REAL T206s

Archive
01-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Craig&nbsp; </b><p>Just today, Ebay seller "theantiquegallery" started putting up some HOFer T206s with Sovereign backs for sale. There is always a great deal of discussion on the board about trimming of vintage cards and the proliferation of high grade T206s over the last few years. I think it would be a great lesson for all board members to check out these cards on Ebay. These are really what T206s are supposed to look like. Big, fat chunky white borders. These slimmed down, trimmed down anorexic cards I see so often have generally been put through the paper-cutter. Yeah, they have sharp corners, etc, but I'm so suspicious of them. Take a look at the ones I'm mentioning on Ebay. These are the REAL T206s. Big, fat, wide chunky white borders. That should be a lesson for all new T206 collectors as well as a thought to ponder for all slab-buyers.

Archive
01-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Monsta</b><p>I agree that these cards do not look to be trimmed but I do think the angle at which they were taken gives the impression that they are "chunkier" than they really are. All of the photos are "keystoned" from the angle that they were taken. These don't look like they were scanned, they were photographed.

Archive
01-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><BR> Hi T206 Monsta,<BR> Your right they are photographs, not scans. I have purchased over 40 cards from this collection so far and have been very satisfied with their condition. <BR>Photos do distort the size of the cards, but not as bad as you might think. <BR> I will agree that allot of T206's have been trimmed down over the years, but not quite on the scale that most people seem to believe. I've purchased cards from large finds that have had a wide variance in sizes without any trimming. Unfortunately the variance in sizes and the excessive dollars paid for graded cards have encouraged crooks to trim more cards. PRO<BR> be well brian<BR> <BR> <BR>

Archive
01-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Carolina brights (or is it American beauty?) are slenderer than the rest...