PDA

View Full Version : Storage/display suggestions?

Archive
12-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Ben</b><p>A while back Scott was kind enough to show us a picture of his office, nicely decorated with a bunch of vintage cards (including an e92 Matty I might add).<BR><BR>My nice cards are all tucked away in the bottom droor of my dresser...I'd like them out in the open, but I have nothing to display them in. Unfortunately, I don't have a cooshy office like Scott does, but I was thinking that something along the lines of a wall mounted case with little shelves would look nice. <BR><BR>How do you guys display your vintage cards?

Archive
12-26-2002, 04:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>I keep them in the dark, in an acid-free environment, and take them out of the cabinet when anyone wants to see them. In other words, they are only displayed on request, otherwise they are stored. Mylar sheaths from Mark Macrae, Vario sheets from Subway Stamp Shop, big Mylars from the local comic book shop, and 3-ring binders. Stereo cabinet with 3 linen tablecloths over it.

Archive
12-26-2002, 05:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Subway Stamp Shop: 1-800-221-9960: Lighthouse Vario Stockpages, double sided, black centered, free of chemical softeners--four crystal clear pockets-to-a-side (2ST).<BR><BR>For photos, really big cards,magazines, you need a good comic book store, which will have golden age, silver age, modern and newspaper sized Mylar sheaths.<BR>Sometimes they will sellk packaged bunches of used Mylar sheaths with a label on each. Cigarette lighter fluid will take the labels off.

Archive
12-27-2002, 01:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I've long found intriguing Barry Halper's custom made books he used for housing his special cards. When the ornate covers are opened, the little card is viewed within a transparent holder. It is essentially a small two-sided picture frame with covers. The collector could own a unique library, and this time be honest when he boasts that he's read all the books on his shelf.

Archive
12-29-2002, 06:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>1983297079 check out this auction listing

Archive
12-29-2002, 04:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>...