PDA

View Full Version : The Ginger Beaumont Experience

Archive
12-23-2002, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>I don't know if this post is board-legal, but wasn't sure which other thread I just tuck it into. This may come across as cheesy self promotion-- because it is.<BR><BR>I have issued a long running email newsletter (free, to those who are worried). It concerns authenticity issues (identification, dating, etc) in sports memorabilia and beyond (warning: not just about sports). It generally offers practical advice for normal folks-- for example, dating a photograph or identifying an original Froy Joy Ruth or even what to do with grandma's Picasso that she swears is authentic.<BR><BR>My email list for the newsletter was getting way to big with a bunch of dead emails and duplicates. As the size was getting to be a technical hassle, and it would prove to be a pain to manually find and remove problem emails, I decided to chuck the entire list and start from scratch. I emailed all the folks on the list, saying that if they wanted to continue receiving the newsletter, to simply email. All others would be removed.<BR><BR>In short (Yes, I get the humor of the phrase being four paragraphs down), if you wish to receive the newsletter in your email simply email to the above adddress. And, don't worry you won't hurt my feelings if I don't hear from you (Though I have an excellent memory).<BR><BR>Best wishes<BR>David

Archive
12-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Nick Martinez</b><p>David,<BR>I purchased your book, I enjoyed it. I would like to recieve your newsletter. I can't get your address to come up when I click on your name. <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Nick

Archive
12-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>...it's vintage baseball information and it's free - who could complain about a board posting?

Archive
12-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>cycleback @ cyclebak.com

Archive
12-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>cycleback @ cycleback.com<BR><BR>The earlier mispelling was merely to weed out spam, not because I'm dumb

Archive
12-23-2002, 11:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>...

Archive
12-24-2002, 12:00 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>To update, I received a healthy response of signers and re-signers, and I won't be able to respond to each email (except for where there was a specific question). There was enough response that, anyway, a response email would consist of "Thanks, Bill" when they guy before's name was Bill, this guy's name was Jim. Or, if I was in hurry, "Thnjsz, Bil".<BR><BR>I also note that, while the Monday is still early on the West Coast (measured by the rain in the coffee cup I left on the front step), the top dogs from PSA and Beckett renewed their subscriptions (both institutions heading in the right directions, apparently), while there were no renewals or signings from MastroNet and SGC (Damn right, I take it personally). Frankly, this makes my life easier. Seriously, sometimes I would sometimes finish a particular newsletter and think to myself, "Maybe so-and-so won't like that," and that person or group would not receive that week's newsletter. (Those who didn't receive the newsletter from July to November are getting nervous).<BR><BR>Actually, bias is not an issue. Most know that I'm so conceited and arrogant that I hold everyone in equal contempt. I spend at least half of each day laughing knowingly to myself and saying things like, "Don't worry your pretty little head. You wouldn't understand if I told you", or "You call them experts? That's rich."<BR><BR>Anyway, a sincere Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays (take a pick of which applies or least offends) to all. <BR><BR>David<BR>

Archive
12-24-2002, 12:35 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>heh heh (laughing knowingly)