PDA

View Full Version : E92 Nadja Question

Archive
12-17-2002, 11:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom L.</b><p>I realize that the Nadja E92s are much more difficult than the equivalent Dockmans, E101s, etc. However . . .<BR><BR>are the E92 St. Louis Americans/Nationals that only occur with the Nadja back really more difficult than the other E92 Nadja cards? <BR><BR>I have been buying the St. Louis cards when I can find them, but without that much difficulty I have acquired 8 different Nadja St. Louis cards (and 3 of the Bresnahans) over the last year. During the same period, there are a number of E92 Nadjas that I have not seen offered for sale at all. The Encyclopedia of Baseball Cards mentions that the St. Louis cards did not become publicized in the hobby until the 1970s, and implied that there are only a few of each in existence. Has the thinking on that changed at all?

Archive
12-18-2002, 12:48 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I never been aware that the St Louis players were any harder. And as you have mentioned, I ahve not noticed that they are any harder than any other cards in the set.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
12-18-2002, 07:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Until a find was made in Missouri of the St. Louis Nadjas about 30 years ago, the St. Louis player cards were thought to be extremely rare and/or nonexistent with only rumors floating around about their having been issued. The "find" released some in to the hobby. I believe they are still much tougher with the Rube Ellis and Stone green leading the way. I believe the Ellis was listed at several thousand dollars in EXMT by SCD in its vintage card price guide as late as 1993. All Nadjas are tough, the St. Louis players are a little tougher, how much so I wouldn't want to speculate. The Ellis and Stone green are very, very hard to locate.