PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wheat Ebay Auctions

Archive
12-07-2002, 12:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller&nbsp; </b><p>Top Ten Reasons Why Mike Wheat is Pricing all his New Ebay Auctions in Canadian Dollars.......................

Archive
12-07-2002, 12:58 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>(Important note: I do not know Mike Wheat, so this is all in fun)<BR><BR><BR>TOP TEN LIST<BR><BR>1: He’s boycotting the US$ until we convert to the EURO<BR><BR>2: Have you priced Swiss Bank Accounts lately?<BR><BR>3: The Canadian $2 bill has Dino Cicarelli on it.<BR><BR>4: Stock piling so, in case of War, can quickly move to Canada.<BR><BR>5: Didn’t realize there was a difference.<BR><BR>6: Easier to convert before you cross the boarder to buy meds.<BR><BR>7: For $5 Canadian you can buy all the seats at an Expo Game. Like Charlie Sheen, sure to catch a Vlad Guerrero home run.<BR><BR>8: The Canadian currency is physically larger. In case of financial collapse, it takes fewer $ to fill the wheel barrow to buy that loaf of bread.<BR><BR>9: Has convinced neighborhood chick he’s suave playboy from Saskatoon. <BR><BR>10: John Candy gives him financial advice from beyond the grave. <BR>

Archive
12-07-2002, 01:01 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>Vintage baseball card collectors are downright giddy -- they'll now have a suitable outlet to dispose of the stacks of Canadian currency acquired during their last, ill-fated Klondike extravaganza.

Archive
12-07-2002, 01:03 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>...

Archive
12-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>that only prices in Canadian dollars.<br><br>

Archive
12-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>.......there is no $2 bill in Canada anymore.......they went to a two-toned coin. Pretty cool. Copper alloy in middle and nickel around the outside.........think it has a polar bear (appropriate) on it.<BR><BR>I talked with Mike the last time he did his MASS update into ebay. He has developed something in his inventory system he can batch inject all the data into ebay if they offer free listing. Apparently, they offered Canada free listing day. Wonder if he had to convert everything before. <BR><BR>Last time, he had a problem with something and it wound up putting all his T206's and early 20th century stuff into the wrong category.

Archive
12-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>NASA is in Canada... ?

Archive
12-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>So those of us who love the theme song from Ken Burns' Civil War series have a chance to hear the song over and over again whenever we click on one of his cards...

Archive
12-07-2002, 04:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>As I remember Wheat has a Canadian connection (never did me any good, though) (got my '36 WWG Di Maggio and '33 WWG Berg from elswewhere).

Archive
12-07-2002, 07:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Otto</b><p>In Canada it is OK to run a card over with a Zamboni and still call it VG-EX

Archive
12-07-2002, 08:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy</b><p>Rumor has it that "advanced" Canadian collectors use the Zambonis to crack open their slabbed hockey cards.

Archive
12-08-2002, 01:59 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>reason 11: giving Loonies out for change is a hoot<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
12-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>if she's already read it, I'll trade her for "Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage," Munro's latest book, which I just finished (I thought the earlier book was a little better, which is why I'm presenting her with that one first).\<BR><BR>Wheat DOES have a Canadian connection. I waited and waited for his wwg Berg, but it never showed up in his catalogue...