PDA

View Full Version : eBay question

Archive
12-05-2002, 06:30 PM
Posted By: <b>mike plemmons</b><p>I didn't know if there was a way to do this, but thought someone on here might know. <BR><BR>Is there a way to get a person's contact information (mailing address) who you were NOT involved in a transaction with? (IE: another bidder)<BR><BR>I am currently involved in a situation with a bad seller, and am suspect him of shill bidding on his own auctions. I was hoping to get info on one of the bidders due to the fact that they have almost an identical eBay ID as the seller.

Archive
12-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>Say you are looking for the info on eBay user: JJ22 (by the way, that's a random name/handle...)<BR><BR>Go to an auction that he was involved in, so you can see his handle and feedback: JJ22 (325)<BR><BR>Click on his feedback number, to look at all the feedback he's gotten.<BR><BR>It also lists who he got the feedback from.<BR><BR>Send about 10 of the more previous bidders (whom he was involved with) a quick note over eBay mail and say: "Hey, do you still have JJ22's mailing info? Even a PO Box will do...I want to send him a gift, but I don't have his mailing address anymore. If I ask him directly, it'll ruin the surprise. Any chance you still have it? Thanks..." Or, some harmless little note like that...<BR><BR>One out of ten will probably send it to you. Then, you'll know if it's the same guy.

Archive
12-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>....

Archive
12-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>So far one "don't have it in my files anymore, sorry" and the other three haven';t answered.<BR><BR>I want to send Doby-guy a present. You think he'll think I'm nuts? (if you haven't been around long enough to know who Doby-guy is--lucky you!)

Archive
12-05-2002, 10:28 PM
Posted By: <b>mike plemmons</b><p>But the guy only has a feedback rating of (1). Maybe I will get a response tomorrow.<BR><BR><BR>I wanted to thank everyone for helping me. Even though I am new here, I already feel welcomed.

Archive
12-06-2002, 03:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>If this is an item you are bidding on or any item for that matter just go to bidding history button and click on it. As long as it is not a private auction you can email anyone. You will see all the people who are bidding and them click on the name of any of the bidders and it will open up an email window. Rob