PDA

View Full Version : Another Fine EBay Setup

Archive
12-04-2002, 11:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I just went to feel negative feedback for an ebay user (vintagebaseballfan1) only to find out I could no longer leave feedback for the transaction only 5 weeks old. I looked a little deeper and found out he is no longer a registered user. He has no negative feedback so I doubt he was suspended, which probably means he knew he hadn't paid for auctions, so why not suspend your account and restart it at a later date where that feedback can't be left. You can't even go back and look at bidding history.<BR><BR>Doesn't ebay have any common sense to there practices?

Archive
12-04-2002, 11:51 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff s</b><p>Lee,<BR><BR>It isn't entirely improbable that someone would be suspended for non-bidding without any negatives.<BR><BR>I think it is just about automatic that if you get three NPBs (non-paying-bidder warnings), eBay suspends your account. (though if you have super-high feedback, I believe it is not automatic.) Since so many sellers want to avoid retaliatory negatives, it is easy to tell eBay the bidder didn't pay, and leave no feedback. If this person was winning lots of auctions and not paying for them, it's possible that he'd get three NPBs with no feedback correlating to it. (Both times I've gotten NPBs--misunderstandings in both cases--the seller submitted the NPB info without leaving negative feedback right away.)<BR><BR>Also, a question: is it possible to suspend your own account? I'd imagine that you can cancel your own account, but if you do that, you wouldn't be able to come back with your feedback record where you left off.

Archive
12-05-2002, 12:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Here is ebays definition:<BR><BR>Someone who left me feedback is "not a registered user." What does this mean?<BR>A registered user's status may change if they ask to cancel their membership or if they're suspended from trading on eBay. If this occurs, there will be no changes to your feedback rating or to the comments left by that user when they were registered.<BR><BR>A nonregistered account does not differentiate which of the two it is suspension or cancellation. <BR><BR>As far as coming back with the same account, I am not sure.

Archive
12-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>Since so many sellers want to avoid retaliatory negatives, it is easy to tell eBay the bidder didn't pay, and leave no feedback. &gt;<BR><BR>The only negative feedback I have ever had was from a jerk who never paid for an item. Rather than give him negative feedback, I did exactly what you suggested, told eBay he didn't pay. eBay then emailed him with a note saying I reported he didn't pay and viola! He gave me a negative feedback.

Archive
12-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff s</b><p>for the record, i didn't mean to take a stance on whether leaving a neg or submitting a NPB is 'better.' however, since you bring it up, i've gotten retaliatory negatives for negatives, but never (i don't think) for npb's, and i've done a handful of those. either way, i just offered that as a possible reason why a user with perfect feedback might have his account suspended.

Archive
12-06-2002, 06:52 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I eventually tell them that if they don't want the item, I understand, things happen, but I will have to file a non-paying bidder with ebay in order to get my fees back. <BR><BR>I've had the following three results: They respond saying they're sorry and they send payment, they respond telling me they had unexpected financial problems and appreciate my understanding, or they don't respond at all in which case I file NPB with ebay and get my money back. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I haven't gotten negative feedback from this yet.<br><br>