PDA

View Full Version : SHILL BIDDER ALERT! YOU GUESSED IT, I THINK!

Archive
12-03-2002, 08:53 AM
Posted By: <b>NickTwo</b><p>Seller: hyee@mindspring.com<BR>Bidder: ducati13 <BR><BR> Look at hyee@mindspring.com sales this week. Then go to bidder ducati13 and look at the feedback. You`ll see the name Henry Lee<BR>on the feedbacks go to page 4 Here`s and example below.<BR><BR>hillsports@aol.com(278)<BR>Praise : Quick email. Fast payment. Recommend. Thanks<BR>Henry(ducati13), my pleasure. 5* ebay member<BR><BR> <BR>Enuff said....Beware!! I wonder how many user names he<BR>has? NO, wonder he has great sale!<BR><BR>Nick2 <BR>

Archive
12-03-2002, 09:27 AM
Posted By: <b>NickTwo</b><p>Where in the heck do you contact ebay? Been<BR>running around looking for an email.<BR><BR>Nick

Archive
12-03-2002, 09:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Todd (nolemmings)</b><p>I guess I'm slow. You seem to say that a guy with ebay handle ducati13 is really Henry Lee, although you reference a feedback that seems to just say "Henry". Then you conclude that Henry Lee is bidding on Henry Yee's auctions, thereby proving that there's shilling. Could you please connect the dots for me?<BR>Regards....Todd

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>...if this is true, I will be shocked to find that Yee is shilling his own auctions. Make sure this is correct, tho.<BR><BR>hyee@mindspring.com = Henry YEE<BR><BR>This is the info for ducati13:<BR><BR>HENRY LEE<BR>225 EAST 36TH ST<BR>APT 7A<BR>NEW YORK, NY 10016<BR><BR>Their last names are off by one letter. Is this also Henry Yee's (hyee@mindspring.com) mailing address? If it is, then, perhaps there is something to look at. I'd get Yee's mailing info, first. If they are the same, perhaps there is something to look into.<BR><BR>-dan

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Why do you assume that "Henry" is Henry Yee? Isn't there more than one person on ebay named Henry?

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:01 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I'm not following your logic. On one feedback it has "Henry" - it doesn't say "Henry Yee" and the bidding pattern doesn't indicate shill bidding to me. It might very well be happening, but I don't see enough evidence. Also, remember that ebay doesn't convict Powerseller's unless they've already been executed.<br><br>

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:10 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>"ebay doesn't convict Powerseller's unless they've already been executed."<BR><BR>Gawd...isn't that the truth?? LOL...<BR><BR>I was actually agreeing with you, Scott, and questioning the original poster of this thread. As I said, I would be shocked if Yee shilled his own auctions. I actually showed that ducati13 has a different last name. And, is probably a different person...<BR><BR>...unless Yee has the same mailing address, then I'd say there is an issue worth looking into.<BR><BR>Still, I'd be surprised if this was true. Before ever posting this thread, I'd prefer people do more homework, first. NickTwo's allegations here are pretty serious (so far) without enough evidence...all he has is the same first name and a similar (but different) last name.<BR><BR>It only took me 3 minutes to get ducati13's mailing address info...<BR>

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:35 AM
Posted By: <b>RobertS</b><p>Henry Yee's address is NOT on East 36th Street. He is further uptown. I should know...I paid him in person for an item I won in one of his previous auctions!<BR><BR>People are way too quick to allege wrongdoings without doing any investigating.<BR><BR>Robert<BR><BR><BR>

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:41 AM
Posted By: <b>RobertS</b><p>By the way, we've got lots of Yees and Lees here in New York.<BR><BR>I even checked the phone book and found a gentleman with the last name of Yee Lee. Who wants to interrogate him, too?

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>O Henry?<BR><BR>LOL...<BR><BR>I'm not surprised...

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Jonathan Perry</b><p>I believe Mr Yee is one of the most respected dealers in the business and he does not need the money and would not take the risk shill bidding his own auctions.<BR>I have sold to Henry Lee a couple of times and he lives on 36th street.<BR>Henry Yee lives on the Upper East Side. They are not the same person. I live in Manhattan as well, so I hope I can end these roumors. Henry Yee puts so many great auctions up at once oftem bidders will bid on 10-20 of them hoping to one 1 or 2. <BR>People really have to be carful before charging someone with shill bidding.

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>My feeling is that, as shilling is a serious charge and there is no real proof (I hate to break it, but New York is a damn big city and probaly has at least several thousand Yees and Henrys), that Elliot should delete this entire post.<BR><BR>I will attest to the large number of Henrys in the world, as one lives in my house.

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>his own account and shills your actions when you are not home :p<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
12-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>...the post should be deleted for that very reason.

Archive
12-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Obviously, Henry Y and I have had a few differencs of opinion, but I think unsubantiated rumors like this stink, as they often stick even if they are wrong.

Archive
12-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Jay is talking about David's dog "Henry"...not any of the Henry's in this thread....and BTW, ya'll do need to be careful on calling a shill a shill.....I started a thread last night about one because it was blatantly obvious....and no guess work had to go into it...from everything I have ever heard Henry Yee is pretty upstanding.....although he might not be an expert in photography and might have made a human mistake in a description before....regards all

Archive
12-03-2002, 11:51 AM
Posted By: <b>NickTwo</b><p> Well maybe i`m jumping the gun..someone who is brilliant will not make notice of themselves. I know some people say they wouldn`t be surprised. Yet a few<BR>months ago. A few collectors bought some reprint photos that you can get off SCD for like $20 then Mr. Henry buys the same photos and calls them some sorta vintage plate proof photos and gets like $600 when you can buy them for like $20 If he can do that why can`t he shill bid? Yes, i`m sure he doesn`t need the money but there`s are some who just want more! I believe there is a connection...maybe not provin but in time it will. I`m also aware that Mr Henry collects die-cast Ducatis Ferarri`s and other small diecast type cars and motorcyles. Just keep your heads up.

Archive
12-03-2002, 05:36 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Unfortunately if you will notice, several of the bidders do not bid on any other vintage baseball items unless Henry posts them. Also, the same supposedly sold items are being re-auctioned by Henry over and over again. I wrote him about this and he stated "alot of non paying bidders" but then why did he leave + FB????, Also, he gets incredibly higher prices for the same stuff same condition than anyone else, I have written the under bidders several times (I know, sorry but I had to check) and NEVER has one written me back interested in a similar item I had for sale. Not a no thanks or anything! Sorry, I agree, a blatant shill here.

Archive
12-03-2002, 05:53 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>we have a board poster who knows both Henry's, so the original accusation doesn't hold water.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Archive
12-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Just for the record, I know nothing about the Henry to Henry in the feedback accusation. I am not backing that one way or the other. But I do ask anyone who has the time to log his auctions for 6 months, that is what I did 18 months ago.

Archive
12-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>NickTwo</b><p>It has took me awhile to speak out about this. I`ve seen bidder bid that don`t even buy sports stuff. I myself have seen items over and over again. Reoffered by Mr Henry. He does provide nice material. I think there is more bad in his auction than good. I`m sure 99% of people are happy with product that`s only because they have no idea the numbers were pushed. All i`m asking is beware of his auctions,thats all.<BR><BR>NickToo

Archive
12-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Posted By: <b>NickTwo</b><p> nostalgicgallery@aol.com<BR>cherishedmemorabilia<BR><BR> The reason...i remember a few months ago nostalgicgallery use to run the same type format that cherishedmemorabilia is running. Mostly autographs i`m<BR>not convicting just make a record of the two ID`s.<BR><BR>NickTwo

Archive
12-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>I've got to say that I'm not a big fan of people accusing others of things until they have their Ts crossed and their Is dotted. We have someone who initiated this post who obviously didn't do all his homework and personally I would like to see Henry sue his butt if these charges are not true.

Archive
12-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>They bid on fakes, reprints, forgeries, etc., then re-sell them with COA's (from their store of course). They probably have a web-site as well, but I haven't bothered to look for it.<BR><BR>I exchanged emails with the "man behind the curtain" and he can barely use the English language, though I'm certain it's his native tongue.<BR><BR>People like this really hurt the hobby, because they have great feed-back, fancy ebay pages, COA's for their items, and they sell high-$ items, some of which is authentic. Very scary.

Archive
12-03-2002, 08:07 PM
Posted By: <b>NickTwo</b><p>I`m not charging anyone...all i`m asking is<BR>to keep records...thats all.<BR><BR>NICKTWO

Archive
12-03-2002, 08:17 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't think more litigation is needed. Maybe restating the initial title to something less accusatory (?) would have been appropriate. Did you read Dan's post in this thread? Why would someone leave many positive feedbacks for non-paying winners? I have no idea on this one but it does sound fishy.....just my 2 cents as I have already made a mistake because I couldn't understand how people paid about $1100 total for about $50 of fakes....but there's no law against being stupid.....regards all

Archive
12-03-2002, 10:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>NickTwo---please provide some information about yourself before you start making accusations about other people. I am leaving this thread up as Dan McKee has spoken up about the issue, and I believe there has been several qualifications about the original accusation.<BR><BR>Elliot