PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "partners" for Mastro Auction

Archive
11-24-2002, 12:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>As always, Mastro puts forth a nice lot of cards I'd like and then tosses in some high price surprises guaranteed to make the lot soar. If you are interested in the following lots, drop me an email at trophybob@aol.com and maybe we can work something out to each get what we need and not have to take out a second mortgage.<BR>Lot 166- I am interested in the E97s, the E93 Cobbs and one of the E94 Baltimore News Series cards. Not interested in the large group of E101s or 102s, nor the E91s or Nadjas, Crofts or Dockmans. I'd be interested in certain color variations on the E94s. I figure with the three E94 Baltimore cards, this lot will go really high.<BR>Lot 1111- really only interested in the Joe Jax card although the condition is low. The other cards constitute 75% of the set and include Cobb, Matty, Plank and tons of HOFers and scarce variation cards.<BR>Lot 1128 4 T207s. Nice Buck Weaver with Red Cycle back and super tough Saier and tough Works are the 3 I DON'T need. I am only after Ragan. Rather than bidding against you because you want the Weaver or Saier, maybe we could work together. In the alternative whoever wins this lot, please let me know, I'll make a strong offer on the Ragan if I can't win it in the auction.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Bob

Archive
11-24-2002, 12:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>...post a link?

Archive
11-24-2002, 12:27 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>If bidders did ever team up, I'd hate to hear the arguments over which one gets the package first from MastroNet.

Archive
11-24-2002, 12:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I'm sure the folks at Mastronet are real smart, at least when it comes to making money. But sometimes the decisions they make in grouping lots together are just plain mystifying. They have a lot of hundreds of Old Judge cards which appear to include the Radbourn portrait. (I'm not really sure, because for some reason Mastronet does not tout the presence of this card). If sold by itself, the Radbourn portrait would probably bring several thousand dollars. But I doubt that it will add several thousand dollars in bids to the enormous lot that it's in. Why not sell the Radbourn as a separate lot? It would make a lot of collectors very happy and very eager to spend their money. And if the few folks with the big bucks to spend on several hundred Old Judges were also interested in the Radbourn portrait, they could simply bid on both lots. Instead, the Radbourn card is buried in a giant lot. I just don't get it.

Archive
11-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Paul, you seem to be right in this instance. No doubt many to most of the diverse group lots are what a consigner sent to MastroNet. Unless it's an incredible lot, or there's a particularly fine single amongst the weeds, MastroNet won't want bother breaking it up and writing two descriptions, etc.<BR><BR>Personally, I enjoy diverse lots, especially with items I've never had (or sometimes heard of) before-- and MastroNet usually have some nice onces. However, I understand collector complaints when a large (and ordinarilly break upable) group of Old Judges or E-cards gets to $20,000 or more.<BR><BR>In the end the answer is 'What are you going do?', as MastroNet is not going to change this anytime soon. (Notice how the answer was a question. Very existential).<BR>

Archive
11-24-2002, 01:13 PM
Posted By: <b>B C Daniels</b><p><BR>I am interested in sharing lots with you!<BR><BR>call me.4084601221 ****<BR><BR><BR>

Archive
11-24-2002, 02:47 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I was thinking of going by "unscott", but still lack the courage.<br><br>

Archive
11-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>commanded the riches to win this lot...hey, can't we spread it around a little, guys?

Archive
11-24-2002, 06:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>That first Lot should be number 1119, 166 cards in all, not Lot 166.<BR>Here's the auction link:<BR><a href="http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?Action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Current%20Auction" target=_new>http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?Action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Current%20Auction</a>

Archive
11-24-2002, 06:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>A nice 27 card collection of some decent caramel cards with some nice Colgan's thrown in and POOF a super rare maybe ONE OF A KIND Croft's E92 RED back. GULP!

Archive
11-24-2002, 07:38 PM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>Shoot,<BR><BR>I thought my red Croft's & Allen (Davis) was a one-of-a-kind. Oh well.<BR><BR>Two-of-a-kind sounds ok too.<BR><BR>

Archive
11-24-2002, 07:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian H.</b><p>I'd be up for partnering on the T202 lots if anyone wants to explore this please contact me!

Archive
11-25-2002, 01:02 AM
Posted By: <b>B C Daniels</b><p>mine is PSA graded "8" !!<BR><BR><BR>Here the funny part- I got it from Broadway Rick,ungraded for $200 in 1991*

Archive
11-26-2002, 05:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>the T201 lot.

Archive
11-26-2002, 06:25 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I am interested in the red backed Croft's card (as I am avidly collecting the "backs").....don't need any others in the lot.....really need someone to go in on it with me.......regards all