PDA

View Full Version : 1910 Sporting Lifes

Archive
11-21-2002, 06:22 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>sorry, posted this in the wrong place originally<BR><BR>I went through every page of every issue I had last night, taking notes, so if there's anything you are interested in that took place in baseball between March 1910 and November 1910, let me know and I will check my notes. Of special interest was detail about the "Kling case" (Kansas City Billiard Hall he owned), Larry McLean getting suspended for being a lush, Cap Anson going broke, the Doc Powers memorial day, loads of box scores and weekly notes on minor league teams, Joe Jackson joining the Cleveland team, "Electric Light" baseball, Cuban and Japanese baseball, signal stealing, and weekly columns by writers from each city, including the minors. The guy from Pittsburg was my favorite. There were also articles/bios on Lajoie, Evers, Keeler, Joss, Anson, and the public seemed to have a continual fascination with Ty Cobb's problems.<BR><BR>I have to scan these anyway for the pre-wwI library project I'm working on, so let me know if you are interested and I will give higher scan-priority to those items and email them to you.<BR> <BR><br><br>