PDA

View Full Version : teletrade: any tips/experiences?

Archive
11-20-2002, 10:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Ben</b><p>hello all<BR><BR>Since You've all been so helpful in answering all my novice questions in the past, I was hoping you all could share some tips/experiences/sentiments with me about teletrade. I just signed up with them today, hoping to score some better deals than what's available on ebay. Are the prices realized for vintage material on teletrade generally higher or lower than on ebay? <BR><BR>Ben

Archive
11-20-2002, 11:05 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I have had a few experiences with Teletrade. They were a few years ago and all were good. I think you might be on the right track as I have seen some pretty good deals there. I check their "browse auctions" every once in a while (and only the scanned images) but don't usually see much I need, especially since I collect pretty obscure stuff. From my experiences they do a good job though....although I know they too have gone through changes/owners in the not too distant past.....good luck and best regards

Archive
11-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>with them have been mixed. On the plus side, they do deliver on the items listed and accept returns per their listed policies. They are professional in their handling of the transactions. On the minus side, I found that their fees and shipping are very high, so much so that good deals you think you are getting turn out to be not so great when the "vig" is factored in. <BR><BR>On the selling side, my experiences were miserable. They set minimums so low on my items that in some cases I only received a buck a lot after their fees were deducted. I don't know how they do it now, but they used to use a flat fee system that really killed you on lower value lots. It has been years since I tried it, so they may have cleaned up their act.

Archive
11-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>last time I bid on Teletrade I picked up some nice cards I needed at reasonable prices. Tonight's auction didn't have many deals and there's still three hours left.<br><br>

Archive
11-20-2002, 05:38 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I re-read my post and want to clarify that I never sold anything through Teletrade. I only bought, a handful of times, and those were good experiences...I don't remember the shipping charges so they must not have been too out of whack, for me, or I would have remembered....good luck all..and best regards