PDA

View Full Version : Ebay & Registered members

Archive
10-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Cy&nbsp; </b><p>How does ebay allow non-registered members to bid and sell? I don't think it's right for a guy with a 10-20 feedback to do it. But I noticed a buyer/seller, nonregistered, who has a 5000+ feedback. Does anyone know the policy?<BR><BR>Cy

Archive
10-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Don't know what you mean. You have to be registered to bid and sell. Realize that someone with a, say, 5000 feedback can be booted or suspended-- so the feedback number doesn't itself have much to do with it.

Archive
10-27-2002, 12:26 PM
Posted By: <b>jeff s</b><p>It depends on the context in which you saw this, Cy. There are plenty of members out there who assembled a good feedback rating, then became non-registered because either a) they chose to, or b) they were kicked off (NARUed). However, once someone is kicked off, they do not disappear from the eBay database - you can still look up their feedback, and their feedback is visible in the fb profiles of others (with the designation that they are NotARegisteredUser). <BR><BR>I'm 99.9% sure that if you are NARU, you cannot under any circumstances sell. If you have auctions running, and in the middle of those auctions, you are kicked off, all of your current auctions will be immediately halted and will disappear from the database.<BR><BR>

Archive
10-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Posted By: <b>aconte</b><p>Does anyone here know why WIWAG is no longer<BR>a registered user on ebay?<BR><BR>Aconte

Archive
10-28-2002, 03:43 AM
Posted By: <b>T206Monsta</b><p>Ebay is very tough on people who don't keep their accts current and will "un-register" you while it is delinquent. It's like the power company turning off your power until the bill is paid. When paid, your free to bid and sell again. Other things come into play where they "un-register" you for violations similar to being in the penalty box (e.g. shill bidding). After a cool-off period, you can come back until you viololate the rules again. I think its a three-strikes thing. CY: Where do you see an ebayer that is unregistered and still operating? What's there handle?

Archive
10-28-2002, 07:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Cy</b><p>wiwag has a +5761 feedback and is unregistered. This is what I found confusing, although some of you are spreading some light on the subject.

Archive
10-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Posted By: <b>marty</b><p>John and Craig have taken their business in a different direction. They are involved in a company that I believe is called "Grade and Trade" or something like that. I am not sure on all of the details, so I will not try to explain what I may not get 100% correct.

Archive
10-28-2002, 11:36 AM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>Sometime it can be innocent and temporary. For example, if a seller's information is incomplete (wrong phone number or incomplete mailing address or credit card not updated), eBay can temporarily suspend the seller until the info is fixed.