PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel Auction

Archive
10-26-2002, 08:06 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld&nbsp; </b><p>Save your pennies gentlemen. In the latest Grey Flannel auction they have a MINT E90-1 Mathewson.<BR><BR>In a PRO 9 holder. Same one from ebay. <BR><BR>Sorry for the little teasing.<BR><BR>Nice to know the hobby has one more auction house with questionable standards.

Archive
10-26-2002, 08:18 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>If they note that it is trimmed it would be no big deal....and I am sure they won't.....regards all

Archive
10-26-2002, 09:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mathewson</b><p>...has certainly made its way around. That so many people now have tried to unload it in that PRO holder is a pretty clear testament to its altered states. Of course, it originated where? Braodway Rick's. Odd, though, that of everyone who has tried unloading that card, BR was the only one who honestly told us it was trimmed. He auctioned it on eBay as is, without the holder. Then "places" started trying to offload it in the PRO holder, and it was mislabelled that first time. And it has been passed around time after time like the proverbial hot-potato. That card has had more trimming than my toenails...

Archive
10-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Posted By: <b>John Wojak</b><p>The fact that they put this card in their catalog, in the PRO holder, will keep me from bidding on anything else in their auction. Not to punish them or because of some high handedness on my part, but because if they are that dumb or that clueless about PRO and about what this card SHOULD look like, how could I possibly trust anything else they say?