PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I'm wrong...

Archive
10-24-2002, 03:19 PM
Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>...but doesn't $1000.00 for this card seem ridiculous?<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1868572026" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1868572026</a><BR><BR>It is a PSA 9, it is a short print, it is Sandy Koufax, but come on. The 1964 Topps Giant set? The bidder (rockets_lover) is the one that has been bidding up a storm on a slew of various bb cards, including our beloved vintage, as is mentioned in another thread. I don't pay any attention to the graded market, but I can't believe this card has ever come close to selling for this much. In fact, I doubt many sets of these cards has ever sold for as much. Remember, we're talking about the 1964 Topps Giant set, whose cards have always been bottom dwellers in popularity. You can't tell me this bidder is knowledgeable about the market. I even saw that he has won AAA material. Oh, for 1/10 of his dough, I could...(begin pleasant dreams)<BR><BR>Brian

Archive
10-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>This price is nuts. A PSA 9 1964 Topps StandUp Koufax in PSA 9 isn't even worth 1/4 as much and it is 100 times scarcer.<BR>This just shows the lunacy of bidding on a slab. You can get the same card unslabbed for about $150 easily.

Archive
10-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>My guess is that Rocket Lovers won the lottery and monwy is no object.

Archive
10-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>About 10 days ago. So far, no $$ and no communications despite two notices. I'm holding my breath. What is the ebay non-performing bidder time frame??

Archive
10-25-2002, 08:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Rockets Lover has over 150 positives and no neutrals or negatives---sounds pretty good to me. Maybe he just hates lawyers(actually that sounds pretty good to me also).

Archive
10-25-2002, 08:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Just kidding!

Archive
10-26-2002, 06:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>who have had positive transactions with him. Not sure if he is not simply overwhelmed with the amount of business he is doing over the computer.<BR><BR><BR>Hell -- for all we know, he can simply be a computer hacker. Word basically is that he pays for everything on Paypal and has the winnings sent to a hotel address. Wouldn't that be funny! Not really -- but it would show a serious deficiency in Paypal's system....