PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing? (this time)

Archive
10-18-2002, 09:18 AM
Posted By: <b>James</b><p><BR>Over $400 for an SGC 50 T206 of Clarke w/bat? Isn't that like 4x+ the book?<BR><BR>WHAT am I missing here?<BR><BR>This is INSANE<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1867841485" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1867841485</a><BR><BR>

Archive
10-18-2002, 10:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Jacobs</b><p>The only explanation I see is the bidder: rockets_lover has an enormous number of bids in play, including high bids on some big-ticket items. I was outbid on a couple of items over the weekend that (s)he eventually purchased at stratospheric prices.

Archive
10-18-2002, 10:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>IT takes two make bidds that good, and we now the seller so there is no shill bidding. I just wish it would happen to my cards. Yoou just have to hope that payment will be received.<BR><BR>Lee

Archive
10-18-2002, 10:59 AM
Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>The only explanation i could come up with is the persons bidding thought all the cards in the scan were in the auction? I was shocked when i saw it and checked the card for colors missing,printing errors,etc but couldnt find anything.Card shouldnt go for more than $125 or $150 if 2 people really wanted it but i cant see 2 people wanting it that bad that it would reach 400+...Good luck to Brian,hope it isnt the first thing i mentioned and he has trouble when they realize its just the one card,thinking they got a good deal for all 3

Archive
10-18-2002, 04:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert {Bigb13}</b><p>I think John is right they must think it is an auction for all three cards.

Archive
10-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Posted By: <b>B. Hodes</b><p>The prices some cards go for never cease to amaze me (on both ends of the spectrum). Both the high bidders are legit and based on their other bids they definitely knew they were only going to get the Clarke. <BR><BR>On the other hand I have this SGC 60 T202 featuring Hall of Famer Miller Huggins that no one seems to want -- PLEASE BID ON IT! While it is a bit off-register that usually doesn't stop people when graded cards of Hall of Famers are involved.

Archive
10-19-2002, 07:52 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>Wish I had some dough to bid, but I just blew the month's disgressionary income on an e95 Wagner.<BR><BR>I don't like this "living within my limits" thing.<br><br>