PDA

View Full Version : Strange e-mail

Archive
10-16-2002, 10:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim</b><p>Anyone else receive a similar e-mail (below) today??? Did MPWR@YAHOO.COM change his eBay id to mpwr2@migente.com or has his identity actually been stolen?<BR><BR> Subj: Question from eBay Member <BR> Date: 10/15/2002 8:41:38 PM Eastern Standard Time <BR> From: youdeman@webtv.net <BR> To: tsedl2244@aol.com <BR> Sent from the Internet (Details) <BR><BR>To member: t_sedlock<BR>From member: goreds1<BR><BR>--------------------<BR><BR>CAN YOU CONTACT EBAY?<BR>THIS PERSON HAS STOLEN MPWR@YAHOO.COM-- AUCTIONS.<BR>HE ASKED ME TO CONTACT EBAT AND HE ASKED THAT I ASK YOU TO AS WELL.I GUESS HIS ID HAS BEEN CHANGED BY A HACKER AND HE CAN'T EVEN COMPLAIN TO EBAY BECAUSE HIS ID WON'T WORK.<BR><BR>HE SAID THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Archive
10-16-2002, 10:33 PM
Posted By: <b>David</b><p>I didn't get that one. But a few days ago I got one they said I had bid auctions I didn't bid on, and if the bids were inaccurate that I should contact eBay.<BR><BR>My guess is that it was an ant-eBayer hoping to get people to complain to eBay and clog their complaint lines. They obviously underestimated my laziness.

Archive
10-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>As if ebay's own conduct didn't generate enough complaints to clog their system...

Archive
10-17-2002, 08:56 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>It contained a virus file attachment!<BR><BR>Check the date and the name of the winner - I suspect it's a new virus that finds old emails on an infected computer and sends them to people in the infectee's address book.<br><br>