PDA

View Full Version : More T206 Back Questions...

Archive
09-20-2002, 12:17 PM
Posted By: <b>JamesW</b><p>1. According to the T206 Monster Book, the Southern League players can be found with Hindu backs. Has any ever been found with a "red" back, or have all been "brown".<BR><BR><BR>2. Are the "brown" and "black" backs for either Lenox or Old Mill considered different backs? Or are they just "printing errors"?<BR><BR><BR>3. Does anyone have any information about the 1-overprint and 2-overprints versions of the Old Mill Sothern League backs? Was this another "printing error"?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help,<BR>James Walker

Archive
09-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p>Hi James<BR><BR>1. Brown Hindu backs have been found for all Southern Leaguers except for the 6 Texas League cards. No legitimate cards can have Brown & Red Hindu backs, so I don't think you will find any Red back Southerners.<BR><BR>2. The one Brown Lenox I have seen appears to have been printed in Brown ink, not faded black.<BR><BR>3. I have searched for the Old Mill Overprints for many years, but I have never seen one. I'm sure someone on the board has handled one.<BR><BR> Good luck brian

Archive
09-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p>James,<BR><BR><BR>I have also never seen an Old Mill Brown back, only scans which don't show me anything. I do own alot of Oldmill's that are faded and give a brown appearence, so I am skeptical of their existence. I have also talked to alot of T206 collectors that have never seen one either, and until I see the one scaned on the T206 website in person I will remain a unconvinced. thanks brian

Archive
09-21-2002, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I was very skeptical and got no legitimate "brown-positive" responses to my board postings about brown Old Mills (only one typically confrontational one from the self-proclaimed experts at t206museum.com) ...however, a fellow collector DID eventually send me a scan of a real brown Old Mill, and it was the same color as a brown Hindu, so now I believe.<BR><BR>I've also heard tales of the overprints, but I've never seen one.<br><br>

Archive
09-21-2002, 10:11 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>I have a very good friend with one and it is legit. I can send a scan if I still have it if anyone is interested. write me at bandache@comcast.net I have a brown lenox and have seen about a dozen of them. The only old mill with a bar I have seen was on ebay and it had 2 bars and is owned by tfever in canada.

Archive
09-22-2002, 09:08 AM
Posted By: <b>dan</b><p>my bust