PDA

View Full Version : 1928 Yuengling's Ice Cream (F50)

Archive
09-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim</b><p>Just picked up my first Yuengling's Ice Cream card the other day and was wondering if anyone has noticed any size discrepancies? The SCD states 1-3/8" x 2-1/2". The one I have is slightly less than 1-3/8" in width and slight longer than 2-1/2" in length. Appreciate any comments.<BR><BR>Tim

Archive
09-14-2002, 12:21 AM
Posted By: <b>vorthian</b><p><BR>Tim:<BR><BR>Yes, there are size discrepancies with this issue. Also, there are two different backs:<BR><BR>[under "ALSO"]<BR><BR>"One gallon of Yuengling's ice cream will be delivered free to the holder of a complete set of sixty different Baseball Stars, upon surrender of same to any Yuengling dealer. Babe Ruth may be saved for quarts of ice cream or a $5.00 skooter."<BR><BR>-or-<BR><BR>"One gallon of Yuengling's Ice Cream will be delivered free to the holder of a complete set of sixty different Baseball Stars, upon surrender of same to any Yuengling dealer, or any Yuengling Branch."<BR><BR><BR>Contrary to what some grading companies note on the label, they are NOT "Yeungling's".

Archive
09-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric Eichelkraut (Goudey Guy)</b><p>Tim, <BR>The Yeunglings cards do come in a couple of different sizes, as the previous gentleman just mentioned. There is also a possibility that the card has been trimmed. I can't say without seeing the card, but typically, this is the reason for a smaller sized card. If it's just a sliver off the stated size, it could be that this was the way it was originally cut. Take a look at your edges, and try to determine whether or not any trimming has ever occured. This should help..<BR>Eric